• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

QuakerCraz

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Funny thing with Sweetie is that she like pecking and chattering to the icons on my computer screen. She's buzz over, land on the edge of my screen, stare at me to bring her down and then she'll start making funny noises as she peck at all the icons. And If I have to put her back before she's ready to go back in her cage, she gets mad and attacks the disco ball toy in her cage like it's a punching bag.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
I think JoJo is trying to mimic my laughter. I'll laugh and it sounds like JoJo is trying to laugh too.

It also seems like weaning off of formula is going to be happening soon as JoJo is starting to get really nit picky with feedings. Plus they are starting to get more interested in climbing on me instead of actually eating. Poops seem to have less 'water' coming out with them so I'm going to be providing more food with moisture and putting something in the water like some bits of veggies to entice them to the water bowl. They seem to just want to stay at the very top of the cage though. I don't see them down unless I bring them down. I don't have a bowl I could hang up high to put water in. But then again, I might. I have scads of stuff.

Meanwhile, Sweetie is playing with her mini red solo cup and keeps flipping it into her water dish. Pretty much every toy she has ever had as seen the inside of her water dish. Ii don't know why she does it.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
JoJo is now getting to try berries. Not sure what they think of them as they only had them once so far but hopefully they'll come around to it. Also taking the morning formula away and replacing it with a quinoa mix that has a small amount of formula in it so they still get it but not out of a syringe.

Also, the owner of the petshop I got JoJo from is really pushing me to clip JoJo's wings. He's learning to fly and getting better every time. My anxiety is peaking because I'm being pushed into a corner and might just give in and do it because I'm being pushed to do it. JoJo is doing fine with learning to fly. He's sticking his landings much better and not smacking into everything anymore. I just wish everyone would get off my case on this.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Just hold your ground because you know that is best. You don’t have to give in to any pressure to clip your birds wings. Just politely say you are not going to do that so please stop asking me. He’s absolutely precious btw!

Reactions: Ali

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Even my mom is starting to say maybe we should clip him. He's just learning to fly and getting better. I'm careful with the ceiling fans and keep an eye on where he goes. He lands on the top rail of my desk 9 times out of 10 actually. I think he likes that particular spot. He's landed on the ceiling fan a couple times and even on the door and my bookcase but most of the time it's on my desk.

He's just a precious little floof. Love him to bits. I'm slowly getting Sweetie used to him by letting them see each other every now and then. Sweetie doesn't know what to think of JoJo just yet. I think Once I get JoJo's official cage it will be easier since it has a play top on it and maybe Sweetie will land on it when she's out and about.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
It sounds like he is doing great flying around. He knows the safe places to land and you seem aware of any dangers. He will become depressed if that is taken away from him, so maybe you can explain that to your mom. If she wants she can come on here and discuss it with us.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
JoJo is doing so well with flying that I don't want to take it away from him. Not now. I have both JoJo and Sweetie out and they both just took off for a good few laps around my room. Though JoJo kinda crashed a bit but he doesn't crash often if at all. Maybe a bump or stumble or scramble but no real crashes. He's really getting the hang of it. Sweetie and JoJo just took off again and now JoJo is sitting on the ledge that the blinds are connected to. He's really learning fast. Smart little potato bird.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Speaking of potato. Trying a new food. A sweet potato mash with veggies and quinoa. Got to try my new food processor for the first time. Works really well for being a cheap thing.

JoJo and Sweetie seem to be getting along alright. Sweetie for sure doesn't know what to think still. She keeps shying away most of the time as JoJo keeps moving towards her. I think JoJo wants to be friends but Sweetie is still very unsure about the whole thing. Kinda funny to be honest. But I think it will work out just fine as they interact with each other more and more. Eventually they will accept each other and be able to be perch buddies.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Food update. Sweet potato seems to have not gone over well. Was not touched much if at all. Will try again.

Got another bag of food, Tropimix to be exact. Got another bowl, stainless steel. He's unsure about it of course. Adding some new, fun variety now.

In a fantastic update, JoJo has figured out what the food dish at the base of his cage is. Now it's a matter of him figuring out what the water dish is. So far, so good. Seems to be doing well despite not getting morning formula. Starting to learn he's gotta fend for himself a bit.

Also got JoJo some freeze dried fruits as a foraging treat to nibble on. Clipped a bit of apple to the side of his cage by his top perch to try.

Shouldn't be too long till he's ready to be a full fledged bird. He's flying great, learning to eat on his own and moving about his cage really well.

Feathergirl626

Meeting neighbors
OH MY WORD!
My late bird Mango would try and laugh too!!
I think JoJo is trying to mimic my laughter. I'll laugh and it sounds like JoJo is trying to laugh too.
[/QUOTE]

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
JoJo is taking to the Tropimix. Didn't take too long for him to figure out there was edibles in the new bowl. He's been picking at the new food and I'm finding a lot of crunched up bits of the Zupreem pellets. Not sure exactly how much he's actually eating but at least he's figuring out how to find food on his own. I was a bit worried but nature has her way of taking care of things. Gonna be getting JoJo's first toy since the potato has figured out he has a beak and he can chew. Not exactly sure what to get him yet and what would be appropriate but I'll figure it out.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
JoJo and Sweetie seem to be getting along quite well now. Sweetie is getting braver and is now lightly pecking and chirping at JoJo's beak and attempting to preen him. Though now JoJo won't leave Sweetie alone when he comes out for some exercise. He's always wanting to be by her now. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. JoJo still chases Sweetie around my room and seems to act surprised when she disappears.

In other news, JoJo has figured out the doors that give access to the food dishes move and I now have to use clips to keep them closed. He has also figured out a larger door exists and seems to be trying to figure out how to open it(it's locked with a vertical sliding latch so it won't open and the latch is pretty stiff). I think it's getting time where the official cage is needed as JoJo is starting get off his formula entirely.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Got JoJo a small toy for him to chew on. It's meant for small birds and the least intimidating thing I could find that offers lots of chewing. Also got a big mineral block and a bag of millet spray with clips to hold it. Cut a piece and gave one to JoJo and one to Sweetie. Sweetie went right for the millet of course. JoJo is glaring daggers and death at the toy. He'll come around to it though. Just need to let him be and let him adjust to it.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
So, JoJo has decided his toy is not going to eat him and that he's going to eat it instead. Which is good because that's what I want him to do. He is almost fully weaned now as he's down to a half feeding of formula in the evening now(he's been taking only half a syringe the past few days so I decided to only make half what I normally do). Won't be long till he's his own bird. I'm not sure what the relationship he's got going with with Sweetie but I have to step in and separate them after a while as things get a bit too rough for my liking after a while.

Now if only the little snot would stop pinching holes in me, that'd be great.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
I believe the pinching holes in me has finally stopped. Not sure what made JoJo decide to stop with the pinching but I'm just glad it stopped. I have enough skin problems as it is.

A couple days ago I picked up some spray millet. Seems JoJo likes it. He shreds it to bits. I cut the stalks into halves or thirds depending on the size of the spray and give just a portion of it. Maybe it was the spray millet that got him to stop chewing on me since he can chew the life out of the millet. There's generally not much left other than a stick and some fuzz. Sweetie goes nuts when I give her a spray piece. She gets so excited when she sees me reaching for it.

I got the mineral block in with JoJo now. Not sure if he's chewing on it but I think he'll figure it out eventually. At least he's not afraid of it.

As far as JoJo's weaning goes, I think another week or two and he'll be his own bird. By then, I'll need to have his official cage at least ordered. He's starting to not like his temporary setup very much.