• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Is this too fatty?

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
205E110D-E50F-4184-908B-C4EE9FBA31ED.jpeg 69978BB2-CDA1-41F3-97D3-59AC01D0E0CF.jpeg
So i got a new snack for my budgie and she loves it! But since it’s labeled snack i get worried that she’ll just eat the snack and neglect her usual seeds and veggies. So my question is; is it okay to leave this in her cage or should i take it out and only give it after she has eaten her veggies?

Thank you in advance!!:laugh: :joyful:

Zoepr143

Real Name
Zoë
Oh and i know it says ‘use every day’ but i don’t want to always believe what packaging says since some toys can be dangerous and are still sold normally

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Sorry, I can't read the language on the package. You will need to interpret into English. What is the percentage of fat content and protein content?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
For my birds that's like 2 to 4 weeks worth of seed. For 2 birds! I definetly would not leave it in all the time

Zoepr143

Real Name
Zoë
Sorry, I can't read the language on the package. You will need to interpret into English. What is the percentage of fat content and protein content?
It says it in english as well, i had to search for a little bit too. It has a crude fat rate of 3,1% and a crude protein of 10,6%

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I would just give it to her after she's eaten healthier food, and then take it out after an hour or so.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
It is quite low on fat. I don't know about protein because I have a macaw and I usually look for about 15% protein. At 10% that's probably fine for your bird

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I was concerned about the part that says "colorants additives EU". I think this means it can contain preservatives, dyes, and/or sweeteners, etc. These types of treats are usually high in sugar I think.

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
In my opinion its fine to leave in as long as she is still eating their other food as well. I personally have used those as foraging toys before. So I would actually move it around each morning so they had to work to find it. I had covered it in coffee filters and things like that a few times :p

The ingredients as far as the seeds probably aren't that far off your normal seed for her. I wouldn't worry too much about it. :) Just keep giving her the fresh fruits and veggies and as long as she's still eating them I wouldn't worry about it.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I thought it would be high in sugar as well but I don't see it added, the first seed stick I ever see without it! What brand is it? If I have to leave for a weekend this would be an okay supplement, of course they Will just get chop and their normal diet, but the seeds dont look horrible and this would give my seed junkie Something extra to do if the caretaker runs out of the foraging toys I prepared:)

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
The brand is Vitapol. From Poland. Not my favorite..

Ingredients

• Grains 54%, Fruits 24%, Bakery products 20%, Oily seeds 2%,
Content

• Raw Proteins 10.7%
  • Raw Fat 5.1%
  • Raw Fibre 6.3%
  • Raw Ash 3.4%
  • Contains natural vitamins.
I was concerned about the part that says "colorants additives EU"
That is good, we are not allowed to have dangerous colorants so I hope that brand is telling the truth about that.
These types of treats are usually high in sugar I think.
Yes they are. But sadly this brand don't tell anything about sugar but I know that it contains honey, and dried fruit are often prepared with sugar to last longer. (up to 40% sugar)
I avoid all kind of treats like this. If you have a budgie millet would be perfect instead.

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
Our budgie likes veggies, avicakes, nutriberries, and fruit (in this order) unless there are seeds. We give roundybush crumble with seed (she will pick out seeds and eat it first) and leave the roudybush in her dish. But we also give her lots of veggies, avicakes and nutriberries too. We use the millet for training, comfort or asking her to go back into her cage for bed time, she never finishes it as she falls asleep almost immediately. She refuses to go bed without it.

Zoepr143

Real Name
Zoë
I thought it would be high in sugar as well but I don't see it added, the first seed stick I ever see without it! What brand is it? If I have to leave for a weekend this would be an okay supplement, of course they Will just get chop and their normal diet, but the seeds dont look horrible and this would give my seed junkie Something extra to do if the caretaker runs out of the foraging toys I prepared:)
The brand is vitapol, i bought it in a normal per store but it seems to be polish? Idk, it’s the first time i’ve seen it but i think a bit of digging online will do!:laugh:

Edit: oh hahaha I hadn’t scrolled down yet to see if other people had replied.

Attachments

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Haha thans you! Will look to see if it is available here:)