• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Is my baby budgie anus heathy or something is wrong??

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Its hot in here, room temperature reach up to 32 celcius. I feed him kaytee exact. I thought it's fine with 5 days because it's a big nest. I gonna take my bird to vet with my brother without her permission anyway. I'm trying to find vet right now
The room may be a bit too hot for your budgie since it has all it's feathers now. Can you drop that temperature down a bit? ( 29 -30 Celsius) With your room being that warm and the poop building up in the nest bacteria will grow rapidly and present an unhealthy environment for a young bird. When you mix the kaytee what temperature are you feeding at? You must make it fresh each and every time you feed. Never make extra and store it in a refrigerator to serve later. I'm very happy you will have your brother to help you take your baby to the vet. As soon as you can please.

Hendy

Meeting neighbors
The room may be a bit too hot for your budgie since it has all it's feathers now. Can you drop that temperature down a bit? ( 29 -30 Celsius) With your room being that warm and the poop building up in the nest bacteria will grow rapidly and present an unhealthy environment for a young bird. When you mix the kaytee what temperature are you feeding at? You must make it fresh each and every time you feed. Never make extra and store it in a refrigerator to serve later. I'm very happy you will have your brother to help you take your baby to the vet. As soon as you can please.
How to drop the temperature, can i put him in ac on the room, once i did that and he's cold, i feed the formula at 38-40 Celsius and i boil the water first then remove the rest. It's so hard to find vet that take care bird here i call 6 vet and they say they can't handle bird I'm so pissed of

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
How to drop the temperature, can i put him in ac on the room, once i did that and he's cold, i feed the formula at 38-40 Celsius and i boil the water first then remove the rest. It's so hard to find vet that take care bird here i call 6 vet and they say they can't handle bird I'm so pissed of
If you can set the ac temp on 78 degrees Fahrenheit ( 26 Celsius) it would be fine. If you are still keeping the baby in an enclosed container ( with open top ) you can put a heating pad under the outside bottom of the container on half of the bottom so the baby could move over to the other half if it feels too warm. As far as the formula I would stay in the 40 Celsius temperature. Anything under 38 is too cold in temp for the formula and can cause the crop to slow down in digestion ( which can lead to other serious issues). What type of thermometer are you using to know the temperature of the formula? The next vet or one of the same you've already called... explain how seriously ill your baby is and it needs vet care now... also ask if they can refer you to someone who is knowledgeable with birds... tell them it's an emergency.

Hendy

Meeting neighbors
If you can set the ac temp on 78 degrees Fahrenheit ( 26 Celsius) it would be fine. If you are still keeping the baby in an enclosed container ( with open top ) you can put a heating pad under the outside bottom of the container on half of the bottom so the baby could move over to the other half if it feels too warm. As far as the formula I would stay in the 40 Celsius temperature. Anything under 38 is too cold in temp for the formula and can cause the crop to slow down in digestion ( which can lead to other serious issues). What type of thermometer are you using to know the temperature of the formula? The next vet or one of the same you've already called... explain how seriously ill your baby is and it needs vet care now... also ask if they can refer you to someone who is knowledgeable with birds... tell them it's an emergency.
The only vet that have the doctor for bird only available on friday. I will put heating pad after i found it. I check 3 thermometer and all have same result

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
The only vet that have the doctor for bird only available on friday. I will put heating pad after i found it. I check 3 thermometer and all have same result
Did you make a set appointment then? Confirm that appointment with that vet and ask if you can be put on a cancellation list in case someone cancels their appointment. They may be able to fit you in earlier... and make sure you tell them this is urgent... the sooner the better. In the meantime you will have a chance to continue checking around with other vets for an earlier appointment.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
My understanding from people who now live in Indonesia is they have a very different level of vet care- not the same opportunities or the same level of care as I have here in Aus or you have in the US. I hope Hendy can find a vet to see this baby sooner than Friday.

Hendy

Meeting neighbors
Did you make a set appointment then? Confirm that appointment with that vet and ask if you can be put on a cancellation list in case someone cancels their appointment. They may be able to fit you in earlier... and make sure you tell them this is urgent... the sooner the better. In the meantime you will have a chance to continue checking around with other vets for an earlier appointment.
It's not the queue list, he come here on Friday. Do you think this guy can handle bird or not, looking at the special interest. And my budgie love the heat so much. And i don't know it was this bad after look at him like this. Sleeping while not standing.

Attachments

Hendy

Meeting neighbors
My understanding from people who now live in Indonesia is they have a very different level of vet care- not the same opportunities or the same level of care as I have here in Aus or you have in the US. I hope Hendy can find a vet to see this baby sooner than Friday.
I do find one, tomorrow at 11am, but the vet is belong to government and the review are bad. Most people tell that their let's gotten worse when taken there. Maybe because the place put newly graduated doctor and I'm sure they won't care about a little bird. I won't risk my bird like that

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I do find one, tomorrow at 11am, but the vet is belong to government and the review are bad. Most people tell that their let's gotten worse when taken there. Maybe because the place put newly graduated doctor and I'm sure they won't care about a little bird. I won't risk my bird like that
Can you put a link for the vets you can see tomorrow?

Reactions: Ali

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
It's not the queue list, he come here on Friday. Do you think this guy can handle bird or not, looking at the special interest. And my budgie love the heat so much. And i don't know it was this bad after look at him like this. Sleeping while not standing.
You mean he comes to a clinic near you on Friday or to your home? It says he sees exotics but not a specific list of exotics. Can you google him and read reviews to see if he's treated birds at all? You budgie is still quite young so it would be normal to rest not standing in a nest. What is not normal is the bulge around his vent... which is quite substantial and that he sleeps a lot, is inactive and remains fluffed up constantly. I would see if there is any way you can forward all of the photos you've shown us to this vet or any vet you can see earlier.

Hendy

Meeting neighbors
You mean he comes to a clinic near you on Friday or to your home? It says he sees exotics but not a specific list of exotics. Can you google him and read reviews to see if he's treated birds at all? You budgie is still quite young so it would be normal to rest not standing in a nest. What is not normal is the bulge around his vent... which is quite substantial and that he sleeps a lot, is inactive and remains fluffed up constantly. I would see if there is any way you can forward all of the photos you've shown us to this vet or any vet you can see earlier.
He is on another vet in another town right now. I see one man review about bird tho. When i pick him up he looks kinda skiny and not puffed because i give him the heat pad so i increase the food to 5 ml is that fine?i dont really know if it's a boy or girl but he has bluish on its nose. Is it possible that its looks like that because it's not have feather yet. But yeah still he sleep a lot and fluffed. Is there's maybe another indication of another infection. Maybe on lungs because as you said the poop look just fine. If there's nothing to find on poop what else should i examine.you can check pdhbvet.com and Google might can translate it to you and if can't i can screenshot all the photo.

Attachments

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
He is on another vet in another town right now. I see one man review about bird tho. When i pick him up he looks kinda skiny and not puffed because i give him the heat pad so i increase the food to 5 ml is that fine?i dont really know if it's a boy or girl but he has bluish on its nose. Is it possible that its looks like that because it's not have feather yet. But yeah still he sleep a lot and fluffed. Is there's maybe another indication of another infection. Maybe on lungs because as you said the poop look just fine. If there's nothing to find on poop what else should i examine.you can check pdhbvet.com and Google might can translate it to you and if can't i can screenshot all the photo.
Normally bird poop is green, yours is lighter in color but may be due to the food/formula you are feeding the baby... and may be less formed according to how much water you mix with the formula. The only way you will know if your budgie has a bacterial or yeast infection going on is through the tests I mentioned earlier. I think it's critical for you to have these tests done. Overall.. it's critical for your budgie to be seen by the vet who will evaluate what tests should be done to diagnose his health issues before they go so far there's no chance of survival.

The formula should be the consistency of apple sauce...not too thin and not too thick. How does your budgie act when you feed him? Does he take the formula with exuberance like he's really hungry and bobs his head while you feed him? It would be nice to know what the baby weighs... you should be feeding him 10% of his weight. For example... if he weighed 40 grams you would feed him 4 ml.

I am not an expert on looking at the 'cere' on a budgie to know if it's a male or female. I don't know if any of your photos show this to be able to determine the sex. The cere does not grow feathers on it. Your baby definitely has something wrong going on with it... what, I don't know, I'm not a vet and can't diagnose any illnesses. I don't understand anything on the website ... it does look like you can type a message and ask a question.. you might try to see if you can contact that vet and fill him in with information and ask if you can forward your photos.

Hendy

Meeting neighbors
Normally bird poop is green, yours is lighter in color but may be due to the food/formula you are feeding the baby... and may be less formed according to how much water you mix with the formula. The only way you will know if your budgie has a bacterial or yeast infection going on is through the tests I mentioned earlier. I think it's critical for you to have these tests done. Overall.. it's critical for your budgie to be seen by the vet who will evaluate what tests should be done to diagnose his health issues before they go so far there's no chance of survival.

The formula should be the consistency of apple sauce...not too thin and not too thick. How does your budgie act when you feed him? Does he take the formula with exuberance like he's really hungry and bobs his head while you feed him? It would be nice to know what the baby weighs... you should be feeding him 10% of his weight. For example... if he weighed 40 grams you would feed him 4 ml.

I am not an expert on looking at the 'cere' on a budgie to know if it's a male or female. I don't know if any of your photos show this to be able to determine the sex. The cere does not grow feathers on it. Your baby definitely has something wrong going on with it... what, I don't know, I'm not a vet and can't diagnose any illnesses. I don't understand anything on the website ... it does look like you can type a message and ask a question.. you might try to see if you can contact that vet and fill him in with information and ask if you can forward your photos.
So if the lungs is the one which infected, will i know from the poop result or i need to run x-ray on him. I never eat apple syrup. Is it like maple or porridge.yes he always walk to the syringe like a very hungry bird. He's bobbing his head while feeding but when i give him a little bit he always shake his headland throw the formula, he doesn't like eating little by little so i feed him straight into its crop. And I don't want to make a mess making the formula get chocked or get into its lungs. I will call the vet again tomorrow to make sure when he will come to this town.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
So if the lungs is the one which infected, will i know from the poop result or i need to run x-ray on him. I never eat apple syrup. Is it like maple or porridge.yes he always walk to the syringe like a very hungry bird. He's bobbing his head while feeding but when i give him a little bit he always shake his headland throw the formula, he doesn't like eating little by little so i feed him straight into its crop. And I don't want to make a mess making the formula get chocked or get into its lungs. I will call the vet again tomorrow to make sure when he will come to this town.
Have you seen or heard your baby wheezing or open mouth breathing? I think it's doubtful there are any lung problems. The vet will decide which tests are necessary when they examine your budgie. They may do blood tests in addition to fecal tests, though I'm not sure your baby is in good enough condition for drawing blood. It's up to the vets decision based upon the exam. The thickness of the formula is normally described as the same thickness of apple SAUCE... not syrup... but porridge would describe the proper thickness too.. not runny, not super thick. The directions are on you package of formula. How are you feeding straight into the crop? With a feeding tube inserted into the crop? Can you do a video and post it ( you'll have to upload your video to youtube to be able to attach a link here for us to see it). If the formula is too cold he might be shaking his head to not want the formula... or he's starting to wean off of the formula. What else are you offering to feed the baby now?

Hendy

Meeting neighbors
Have you seen or heard your baby wheezing or open mouth breathing? I think it's doubtful there are any lung problems. The vet will decide which tests are necessary when they examine your budgie. They may do blood tests in addition to fecal tests, though I'm not sure your baby is in good enough condition for drawing blood. It's up to the vets decision based upon the exam. The thickness of the formula is normally described as the same thickness of apple SAUCE... not syrup... but porridge would describe the proper thickness too.. not runny, not super thick. The directions are on you package of formula. How are you feeding straight into the crop? With a feeding tube inserted into the crop? Can you do a video and post it ( you'll have to upload your video to youtube to be able to attach a link here for us to see it). If the formula is too cold he might be shaking his head to not want the formula... or he's starting to wean off of the formula. What else are you offering to feed the baby now?
When i feed him thicker the urine changing to a little bit yellow color I think the formula need to be more watery. I use. Feeding syringe with the rubber tube. I will later but I just fed him. He might be feeling better after I give him the heat pad yesterday he actually learning to fly. But I still gonna take him to vet. I always give him at 39 or 40 or 41. His nose is closed half with formula I don't think I can nasal flush now because he sick and still to young. I just fed him the formula for now. Should I give him seeds? Or fruit. My mom juice me a lot of fruit combination. Like 6 or more fruit. But there always dragon fruit can I feed him that?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I would hold off on fruit. Just formula for now.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
When i feed him thicker the urine changing to a little bit yellow color I think the formula need to be more watery. I use. Feeding syringe with the rubber tube. I will later but I just fed him. He might be feeling better after I give him the heat pad yesterday he actually learning to fly. But I still gonna take him to vet. I always give him at 39 or 40 or 41. His nose is closed half with formula I don't think I can nasal flush now because he sick and still to young. I just fed him the formula for now. Should I give him seeds? Or fruit. My mom juice me a lot of fruit combination. Like 6 or more fruit. But there always dragon fruit can I feed him that?
A nasal flush is extremely risky. You can moisten a paper towel and gently wipe but never stick anything into the nostril to remove a foreign object. Try thinning the formula then but not super watery. Without seeing it mixed we can't really know how you are feeding. Tube feeding alone is risky in damage to the crop. The less formula you have in your mix is less nutrition your baby is receiving. No fruit. How old is it now?

Hendy

Meeting neighbors
A nasal flush is extremely risky. You can moisten a paper towel and gently wipe but never stick anything into the nostril to remove a foreign object. Try thinning the formula then but not super watery. Without seeing it mixed we can't really know how you are feeding. Tube feeding alone is risky in damage to the crop. The less formula you have in your mix is less nutrition your baby is receiving. No fruit. How old is it now?
The formula is kinda deeper tho not too deep but I can't reach it with wet paper towel. 4 weeks 1 day I think

Attachments