• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is it possible to estimate age on this little one (rescue)

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So pretty ..I got my Blue Fronted Amazon from a hoarded household via the SPCA about 7 yrs ago ..For the first 2 yrs she made this awful death raddle and I was so worried that she was going to die but the vet gave me a great review and said she must have been housed with a deathly sick bird ..she didnt move much nor play for about 2 yrs then she came out of her shell and started playing and acting like a normal bird with normal sounds I still cant touch her but that ok as long as she is living her best life :cool:

caspin22

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christine
So pretty ..I got my Blue Fronted Amazon from a hoarded household via the SPCA about 7 yrs ago ..For the first 2 yrs she made this awful death raddle and I was so worried that she was going to die but the vet gave me a great review and said she must have been housed with a deathly sick bird ..she didnt move much nor play for about 2 yrs then she came out of her shell and started playing and acting like a normal bird with normal sounds I still cant touch her but that ok as long as she is living her best life :cool:
When I was a kid, our Amazon mimicked my mom's wet chain smoker cough perfectly...people would always say "Oh no, is she sick?" It was awful, but also very funny.

Haroobom

Strolling the yard
You can tell age in babies with darker eyes. They will turn a beautiful orange as an adult.
If this is a good indicator I think I have a young bird, the eyes are dark brown like. And I can see the tiniest red ring around them.

I was thinking either female or juvenile, since its the second week he's been brought home and still is totally quiet even around my tiels he does not vocalize