• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I accidentally just spent $400 on new toys at Petsmart lol

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bipolar disorder is a horrible thing to deal with, but apparently it's GREAT for the fids because I just spent a whoooole lotta moola on new toys for them. :laughin:

Granted I also got some stuff for my other nine animals, but the VAST majority is new birdie toys. It's going to be an adventure getting all of this stuff disinfected for them.

I blame Petsmart for getting a bunch of new Taco- and Kamara-sized stuff. :D

They better like these toys LOL

Pictures incoming!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:laugh:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I don't have bipolar but like to shop when I am depressed. It has been really hard not to buy a bunch of stuff for all the pets this week lol. If I had $400 right now I would not hesitate to buy stuff for everyone!

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
I don't have bipolar but like to shop when I am depressed. It has been really hard not to buy a bunch of stuff for all the pets this week lol. If I had $400 right now I would not hesitate to buy stuff for everyone!
Omg you too?! I find that looking on Amazon for things calms me when I am upset even if I dont have money... Like this whole month. LOL It cant be good for us. :depressed:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Omg you too?! I find that looking on Amazon for things calms me when I am upset even if I dont have money... Like this whole month. LOL It cant be good for us. :depressed:

Sales are the worst when I am depressed lol. I can justify a lot when it's "on sale". My cat Jasmine died in November and I finally have stopped buying cat food for my remaining cat. I don't know why I was focused on cat food, but I have probably a 6 month supply of canned foods right now :lol:

Ripley does have a new playstand on the way....it was on sale on Amazon for $27....how could I say no?? So now he will have a small tabletop stand in the bedroom so he never has to be alone except at bedtime :lol: (he whistles so sadly if I am in the basement working and my husband is playing video games in the bedroom, but Ripley had no where to play in there)

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm the other way around! When I'm on the depressive end of my BP, I can't do anything. I essentially become a piece of lichen cemented to my sofa.

Mania's the dangerous one, LOL. That's when caution and common sense goes sailing out the window because suddenly EVERYTHING IS PERFECT I'M THE STRONGEST PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO NEEDS SLEEP I JUST DECIDED I NEED A NEW TATTOO I'M GONNA GO APPLY FOR A NEW CREDIT CARD AND BUY A LAMBORGHINI

It's tonnes of fun in the moment (if you ignore the migraines and hysteria), but hoooo boy, when I come down again and realise that I punched a hole through my wall in a fit of manic rage and spent all my money on glitter gel pens.....

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm the other way around! When I'm on the depressive end of my BP, I can't do anything. I essentially become a piece of lichen cemented to my sofa.

I mean, I don't LEAVE the house to go a shopping spree. It's mostly done from my phone as hide in bed :lol:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award

I mean, I don't LEAVE the house to go a shopping spree. It's mostly done from my phone as hide in bed :lol:
I can't even do that! It's honestly kind of impressive how little I even blink when I'm depressed. I just kinda stare at the wall.

Which I guess is actually better than spending all my money on BOTH ends of the spectrum! LMAO

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Tsk tsk see a psychiatrist and help yourself! Why suffer?

As someone with anxiety and depression, meds and therapy only go so far, if they help at all. I have been suffering for almost 2 decades. It's not a "choice" to suffer. It's just a fact of life. :shrug:

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Sales are the worst when I am depressed lol. I can justify a lot when it's "on sale". My cat Jasmine died in November and I finally have stopped buying cat food for my remaining cat. I don't know why I was focused on cat food, but I have probably a 6 month supply of canned foods right now :lol:

Ripley does have a new playstand on the way....it was on sale on Amazon for $27....how could I say no?? So now he will have a small tabletop stand in the bedroom so he never has to be alone except at bedtime :lol: (he whistles so sadly if I am in the basement working and my husband is playing video games in the bedroom, but Ripley had no where to play in there)
Yes I totally understand what your saying by justifying things if they are on sale. Ive done that a couple times too. My cats eat so much I think the cat food idea would be smart in this house! Salem is 24 lbs and manna is 11lbs. Good that Ripley has a new stand on the way! $27 is actually a good deal!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Aaack! Take 'em back. You've got a puppy that just went to the vet, Taco needs his friend & any toy you bought there would be better from AA. :p

jk. I know you have a vet fund & the toys were probably a good deal. (Sometimes when things are on sale & you would buy them anyway, you almost have to get them, right?)

I just can't have anything get in the way of Taquito pics! :embarassed: I know, I know. There won't be Taquitos.:sad9:

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I feel bad for laughing but I 100% could have posted this. And I don’t have bipolar! This is one of many reasons we have only one very small (and very spoiled) fid.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Yes...pics please

pawprintedheart

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran