• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How's my cage setup?

MxBirbo

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Heather
Can I have some advice on my cage setup for my cockatiel, Aries? When we're home, he's basically out of the cage the whole time unless he's ready to go to bed. (I am going to be getting him a larger cage soon!)
Any advice? Praise? Constructive criticism?
Thanks birb fam!
Cage setup.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Looks pretty good! I'd suggest some more super destroyable toys as many cockatiels love to chew! Balsa, super thin pine, Mahogany pods, yucca, Sola, etc are usually well received!

You can also add some foraging opportunities so that he has to work for some of his food.

I would get rid of the mite things though. Most captive birds don't get mites and if they do, a vet treatment is safer and more effective

MxBirbo

Real Name
Heather
Looks pretty good! I'd suggest some more super destroyable toys as many cockatiels love to chew! Balsa, super thin pine, Mahogany pods, yucca, Sola, etc are usually well received!

You can also add some foraging opportunities so that he has to work for some of his food.

I would get rid of the mite things though. Most captive birds don't get mites and if they do, a vet treatment is safer and more effective
Okay! Thank you! It's hard to find toys he isn't scared of - any recommendations?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Okay! Thank you! It's hard to find toys he isn't scared of - any recommendations?
What country are you located?

We have several vendors here on the avenue:

My shop is Lil Monsters Bird Toys (LMBT) and my focus is small birds like yours :) One I usually recommend is the Lazy Monster Sampler because it's smaller and has a lot of textures to experiment with! Lazy Monster Sampler

MxBirbo

Real Name
Heather
What country are you located?

We have several vendors here on the avenue:

My shop is Lil Monsters Bird Toys (LMBT) and my focus is small birds like yours :) One I usually recommend is the Lazy Monster Sampler because it's smaller and has a lot of textures to experiment with! Lazy Monster Sampler
I'm in the US. I'll give your store a look!!! :) Thank you!

Davi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
What a cute name!!! (I'm biased since my Zodiac sign is... wait for it.. Aries!) :lol: Welcome to the Avian Avenue!

tielcharm

Moving in
Real Name
Erica
Aries is adorable! I love all the outside perches :)

Eggburt Dobson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Marisa
Aries is super cute! One thing to notice when you decide to get a bigger cage is to make sure the bars aren't so far apart that his head can go through. I've heard stories about people just getting the biggest cage they could find and then their little bird's head getting stuck in the bars.
As for toy suggestions, my cockatiel loves balsa wood and the really thin wood planks that he can easily break off. He especially loves anything he can make a mess with :D :tielf: