• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How should convince my parents to bring my birds to the vet?

Quailer2

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mathis Michel
Today, when I was hand-feeding my female zebra finch Flower, I looked at her feet and saw something I did not expect. Her feet were covered in white stuff (probably scaly mites) and the part of her feet between the three-toe section and the hallux was pink. So I am thinking that they have bumblefoot and/or scaly mites:(, but I do not know how to convince my parents to spend $50+ on a checkup and even more money for treatment. Please help, I want to stop their suffering.:sorrow:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Can you share a pic to start with? Someone here might be able to give you some ideas on what the problem could be if you post some nice clear pics.

If you have pets and your parents refuse vet treatment when it’s needed then maybe consider not bringing any more animals into the home. Can you find a way you can earn and raise the money needed yourself- car washing, household and garden chores, running errands for neighbours are all things that come to mind as a simple way to start raising funds for vet

A.K

Sprinting down the street
What Shez said is right, maybe consider not bringing any more other animals for now. When I was younger, I had the same problem. I saved up, I think, around $400 to spend on the bird (budgies) and before purchase, my parents agreed to buy me the cage, the play stand, the toys and the food. I also showed them that I knew stuff about birds, in, uh, maybe not the best way (bombarding them with facts until they called me ‘bird expert’)

For now, promise that you’ll pay them back the money they spend at the vet. It worked for me, but I had a case where they refused to take me. And then, well I didn’t do the nicest thing. I told them, that if I were that ill, what would they do? Or course, they’d take me to the doctor! Well, my bird, who is like a child to me, is sick, and you’re not taking him to the vet? They took me after that. It wasn’t the best thing to do, and I realise that now, and I’m not suggesting you do that. It’s what I did in time of need.