• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How loud are Blue-Throated Conures?

ZY28

Strolling the yard
I was doing my research for birds and I fell in love with the Blue-throated Conure and I was wondering how loud they are? I live in an apartment. They're in the Pyrrhura family and I've heard that they were a "quiet" species.

Thanks!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I don't know if we have any here on the Avenue! They are not a common species in captivity despite how beautiful they are!

ZY28

Strolling the yard
I don't know if we have any here on the Avenue! They are not a common species in captivity despite how beautiful they are!
Oh, really? that's sad... I'll leave it on here just in case someone has one :D.

Craftydan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dan Crews
Can't say much about the blue-throated, but my roseifrons (while relatively chatty) is a pretty low-volume bird. Loudest contact call she has is only painful if she's doing it straight into your ear -- from outside a door or window, it can still be heard, but it's pretty muted. Think "loud voice" more than "scream". How often any bird would do that, would depend on temperament and care, but ours has been relatively infrequent -- someone arrives/leaves the house, and just after waking up (HEY!I HEAR YOU! COME GET ME!!!)

Similar species from similar region -- opposite sides of Brazil, but the habitats sound similar and aren't entirely disconnected -- the cruentata looks to be a bit bigger on average . . . I'd think there might be some similarity, but hard to say.

ZY28

Strolling the yard
Can't say much about the blue-throated, but my roseifrons (while relatively chatty) is a pretty low-volume bird. Loudest contact call she has is only painful if she's doing it straight into your ear -- from outside a door or window, it can still be heard, but it's pretty muted. Think "loud voice" more than "scream". How often any bird would do that, would depend on temperament and care, but ours has been relatively infrequent -- someone arrives/leaves the house, and just after waking up (HEY!I HEAR YOU! COME GET ME!!!)

Similar species from similar region -- opposite sides of Brazil, but the habitats sound similar and aren't entirely disconnected -- the cruentata looks to be a bit bigger on average . . . I'd think there might be some similarity, but hard to say.
Thank you for the information and your bird is really adorable!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
There used to be a few members with them, but they have not been active for several years.