• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How can I get my canary to step up

TheMacDadd

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ahmad
Hello it's been awhile since I've been active on this forum but ever since I was gone I was making good progress with blaze and spending all my time with him, and out of nowhere just recently abt 2 days ago blaze ate a treat from my palm and the next day he went on my palm with no hesitation started eating and then he put his foot on my palm. sometimes I try to put my palm a little lower so then he can hop on my hand but he just stretches his head and starts eating I understand It takes time (especially for canaries) but I just wanna know should I just keep offering him food on my palm and then magically one day he's gonna just hop on my palm or should I try different strategies so he can hop onto my palm.

Gigibirds

Sprinting down the street
I think that keeping on offing him food or doing whatever your doing should be great! If he's already making that progress then keep on at it!! But then again I'm not so sure about it with canaries, so..... :bump4: ! Good luck! It sounds like you are doing great so far!!! :)

TheMacDadd

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ahmad
I think that keeping on offing him food or doing whatever your doing should be great! If he's already making that progress then keep on at it!! But then again I'm not so sure about it with canaries, so..... :bump4: ! Good luck! It sounds like you are doing great so far!!! :)
thanks for the helpful response!