• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

hi

flockof.4

Meeting neighbors
Hi there. I’m Meghan, and I have four birds. One parakeet, one cockatiel, and two green cheek conures. I did have another parakeet but he unfortunately passed away in mid January. He was my very first bird. His name was Blue (budgie) and I got him July 16th, 2018. I wanted to get him a friend, so I got Charlie (budgie) on October 6th, 2018. Blue and Charlie bonded a little, so I got Pepper (cockatiel) on December 6th, 2018. My mom then fell in love with a conure, Rocket, and got him December 21st, 2018. And finally, I got Callie on August 1st, 2019.

It is unknown what Blue passed from, but I made sure to bury him with his favorite snack, millet, and one of his favorite toys.

Charlie recently was figured out to be a female, but we still unintentionally call her a he. She actually got a severe injury on her toe around the nail from accidentally hitting it while cleaning or Rocket getting her foot. We aren’t sure what happened, but Charlie wound up losing that nail but is doing good without it.

Pepper was parent-raised as a baby so he’s still not fond of hands but he’s made a lot of progress in the year and (almost) a half that I’ve had him. He’s not stepping up yet but he is taking small treats from me like sunflower seeds! The vet thought he was a female but then he did the male mating behavior days later.

Rocket is a pineapple green cheek conure and Callie is a yellow-sided green cheek conure from what I believe.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue! :starshower1:

Davi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
Welcome to the Avenue, Meghan and flock! Loved seeing photos of your beautiful flock. Having had several budgies who have passed away, I was touched by Blue's photo and how he got some final millet. I still have one budgie from the original flock of 5 (his name is Hawk) and he's 12 years old now and hanging in there! Just yesterday I thought about how wonderful it is that he was still chirping happily in his cage after all these years. Welcome aboard and glad you're here!

Dorcas George

Rollerblading along the road
:lol:
Welcome to the Avenue, Meghan and flock! Loved seeing photos of your beautiful flock. Having had several budgies who have passed away, I was touched by Blue's photo and how he got some final millet. I still have one budgie from the original flock of 5 (his name is Hawk) and he's 12 years old now and hanging in there! Just yesterday I thought about how wonderful it is that he was still chirping happily in his cage after all these years. Welcome aboard and glad you're here!
Smiling at the idea of a 12 year old budgie, and named Hawk. An adorable budgie named HAWK...has me giggling.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya: