• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Help!

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Probably the first time he's felt pain-free enough to attempt a beak grind, not to mention content enough. Y'all are doing such an amazing job with him! :loveshower:

I love Seamus' sweet, sleepy, happy eyes and his big ol' feet. :xflove:

Have he and Bowser been talking through the house much? :bgm: :mil: (we need a better military macaw emoji)
Just the last couple of days or so Seamus has been calling back to Bowser. I think they’re both curious; Bowser more so. Seamus came from a house with a ton of other macaws so he seems more neutral. I’m hoping they become best friends one day :laughing2:.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Seamus is doing well. :heart: It’s two steps forward, one step back. He had a little discharge again and a slight sneeze. I talked to the Dr and he said it’s normal with a condition that’s this ingrained in his beak/face to get to the point where he has good days and occasional not so good days. His medication plan is for quite a long time still before I can expect to stop seeing his bad days, but today his beak is looking great again and he’s eating and active like normal.:heart2:

Dr said to mist his face at least twice daily to help loosen anything up that may need out. Thankfully Seamus loves our little mister that’s technically for lizards lol, but makes a very fine mist he enjoys.

He has started getting a little better using the blanket vs bare floor too. Here he is right now getting settled in to sleep. (And wondering why I put the phone up to his face lol) 0D3F7521-21AB-44C0-98F8-685B12FB1AE4.jpeg

Last edited:

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Here he is from a couple days ago... He likes to sit by the window to get warmed and watch the ducks outside. (The staining on his feet is from fresh blueberries he ate)
08FE5985-4A73-4CB8-A844-3F270A48401C.jpeg

Last edited:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
He's looking good, Lisa.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
How is Seamus doing this week Lisa?
Seamus is doing really well this week. :heart: His sneezing was worrying me last week but I give him showers three times a day now (on the Drs orders) and it’s helped clear up his sinuses a lot. Plus he’s full of pin feathers right now with all of his new, healthy feather growth coming in, so it must feel good.

He’s still eating really well. He had one day last week when he barely touched his food because he was sneezing so much. But it was just the one day the little stinker was that way and he’s been back to eating properly since. He even ate three baby carrots today for the first time. :eat:

He loves the platform perch we got from @Macawnutz! He now only uses his baby blanket on the floor for rolling around foot toys, and sleeps exclusively on the platform. He still hasn’t made a chip in any of his wood toys, but he does push his little wooden block around on the cage bottom.

His lower beak is suddenly growing up and to the side too so that’ll need to be trimmed ASAP. His appt with Dr Driggers is next Monday so he’ll get a full check up then with another beak and sinus clearing under anesthesia. We’ll also be getting his next three months worth of meds figured out since the Dr doesn’t want him using the same antibiotics for too long.

Other than all that lol, Seamus is a happy guy. He makes happy sounds now instead of just the sad night whimpers he first came home doing. He LOVES attention and just wants to be right next to people. He isn’t yet letting us touch him (other than his beak through the bars) but he does gently take even the smallest treats from our hands. He’s so easily spooked, but you can tell he’s working up to being more confident.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Fantastic update!! Love the platform too! :) :loveshower:

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Seamus had another appt today with Dr. Driggers. We had planned on just mildly sedating him, but he did end up needing to be intubated and properly anesthetized. That was so the Dr could do a proper beak trim, a deep thorough cleansing of his mouth and beak and also a nasal flush again. He also took more samples so we can get a halfway point idea of where his healing is at.

The Dr did say that compared to when Seamus first came in he looks SO much better. He said he almost looks like a normal bird now lol and the healing in the actual tissues affected is going along really well.

We’re still waiting in the parking lot at the clinic for Seamus to finish waking up and be brought out to us. He’ll be sore for a few days again, but I’m sure he’ll be happy once he’s home and has some soft fruit to enjoy.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Seamus is in the car and heading home. :heart: He’s officially not considered underweight now as he’s gained almost 100 grams since we’ve had him.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:shocked2: That is not the same bird! He looks great! :goodjob: