• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help with cockatiel chick

Swirlysnow

Moving in
Did you remove the chick overnight? I have no other explanation as to why this chick is panting other than something else causing distress. Do you have a good avian vet you can consult?
No, I didn't remove him, just checked right when I woke up. I can't go to any avian vets due to the coronavirus, though I could try calling one and asking.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
No, I didn't remove him, just checked right when I woke up. I can't go to any avian vets due to the coronavirus, though I could try calling one and asking.
I had to take one of my dogs to the vet a week and a half ago without an appointment. I sat in my car for three hours! They were seeing all pets but you couldn't go in. Staff came out to the cars, put tags on windshields to indicate appts, work ins, etc. They would take your pet from you and I had to sit outside and wait. You might consider calling and seeing what their protocol is.

Swirlysnow

Moving in
I had to take one of my dogs to the vet a week and a half ago without an appointment. I sat in my car for three hours! They were seeing all pets but you couldn't go in. Staff came out to the cars, put tags on windshields to indicate appts, work ins, etc. They would take your pet from you and I had to sit outside and wait. You might consider calling and seeing what their protocol is.
I'll contact the vets and ask if they will allow that! :)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I'll contact the vets and ask if they will allow that! :)
I'm sure they will. They are considered an essential business. All animals still need medical treatment just like we do. They are probably all across the board in not allowing the client to come in. Prepare a sheet of thorough information as we've discussed in this thread. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

marierie

Checking out the neighborhood
i know this is an old post but I'm curious if you found the reason the bird was panting

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
i know this is an old post but I'm curious if you found the reason the bird was panting
I don’t think you are likely to get a reply- that member has not been on here since the last post they made in this thread.
If you have a problem similar to what this person had then it would be best for you to start your own thread :)