• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 help, swollen belly- Sad Update Post #31

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:sorrow:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Hennafairy

Meeting neighbors
Thanks guys. I really missed the sound of him cheeping when I woke up this morning. But I think I'll be able to find peace, that maybe it wasn't my fault. I know I'll never go into a nest box for the first couple weeks again. Your support and encouragement has been very helpful thank you

Hennafairy

Meeting neighbors
I am so upset, I just noticed someone messed with my picture of my sweet Emma. How do I remove the picture, PLEASE some help me.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
@ncGreyBirdLady @Shade Can you help Hennafairy? Someone did something really nasty to the photo in post #27. I hope the troll that did that has it happen to their mother ... @Macawnutz ?

Last edited:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I dont see anything?

Hopefully the mods took care of it, whatever it was.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Yes they did, some troll had written an :yelling: obscenity across the photo of daddy tiel Emma. :madwife:
Oh I think I did see it. Perhaps that person was trying to be silly joke. Because daddy bird was being naughty? I think thats how I saw it. But I understand where the OP is coming from.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Oh my - I saw that and honestly didn't know where it came from. How sad is that?

Hennafairy

Meeting neighbors
Thank you so much for taking the photo down. There is a sweet one of Emma and his lady towards the beginning of this post.

It's funny, the female cockatiel was our first bird ever, we were assured she was male. This was before I knew you can't be 100% without DNA. We named her Sergio. Did a DNA test about 6 months later for reasons I don't remember now and low and behold, he was a she. About a year later we found our second tiel, this time they were almost positive it was a female (we didn't want breeding with all the dangers for Sergio, her vent was very close together) and now we have a female named Sergio and a male named Emma but I would not have them any other way....I didn't know how affectionate they were, I thought birds were like fish, pretty to look at, until my son begged for a tiel for Christmas and we met Sergio. I tell anyone who has any intrest how loving they are and they don't believe me until they meet my beauties. I do wish we could have avoided these past few days, losing their first hatched and now Emmas photo, but it is just a photo and it is gone now so thanks for taking it down.

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Thank you so much for taking the photo down. There is a sweet one of Emma and his lady towards the beginning of this post.

It's funny, the female cockatiel was our first bird ever, we were assured she was male. This was before I knew you can't be 100% without DNA. We named her Sergio. Did a DNA test about 6 months later for reasons I don't remember now and low and behold, he was a she. About a year later we found our second tiel, this time they were almost positive it was a female (we didn't want breeding with all the dangers for Sergio, her vent was very close together) and now we have a female named Sergio and a male named Emma but I would not have them any other way....I didn't know how affectionate they were, I thought birds were like fish, pretty to look at, until my son begged for a tiel for Christmas and we met Sergio. I tell anyone who has any intrest how loving they are and they don't believe me until they meet my beauties. I do wish we could have avoided these past few days, losing their first hatched and now Emmas photo, but it is just a photo and it is gone now so thanks for taking it down.
Emma can be diminutive of Emmanuel (boy's name :) ) Sergio that one cant be changed unless its Sergia?

Hennafairy

Meeting neighbors
Lol thanks, but we have a few songs made up for them like "Emma bear is awesome, Emma bear is cool when he's part of the team". And Sergio has a few songs too but we seem to be having stressed the "O" at the end of her name and it is her favourite part. Emma bear even says "I love you Emmabear" So good idea but we are all good here. I will try to name any future bird a unisex name.