• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HELLO!

trinitymmgd1

Moving in
Real Name
Trinity Dewitt
My name is Trinity, my love for birds began in Hawaii where I grew up, there was a guy who would walk the beach with his exotic birds and take photos of tourists. They were breath taking and so interactive. As I aged and relocated I forgot about the pleasure of being around birds.
I ended up at a friend's house and their tiel would not leave my side. The next day I began researching everything there was about birds, pet birds, and parrots. I ended up with a Green Cheek who needed to be rehomed, after two years he was my most prized companion, if he couldn't go to the outing I didn't want to go. I had taken him to the park, where a dog was let off their leash (illegally) and my little Ollie was ripped right off of my shoulder while preening my hair. I was a mess, I even began counselling.
That's where Carmen came in, she is a four year old, now healthy, Sulphur Crested too (not sure of exact subspecies) who has no interest in bonding with me after I had to pluck a blood feather from her. She is now bonded to my boyfriend, when my boyfriend and I began seeing each other I noticed the signs that the tables were turning and I would have no chance in gaining her bond. I tried to break up with him for this reason (selfish, I know) he persuaded me to allow him to buy me a bird of my choice so we could each have a companion. He didn't even know he liked birds before he met me, ha ha!
So now my home belongs to a baby Catalina Macaw (Darwin), my wacky Too (Carmen), and two dogs (a Great Pyrenees, Winston) and an Aussie/blue heeler (Cona). I joined this forum because it's difficult to locate other bird lovers and more importantly, people who care about taking the appropriate measures to ensure their properly cared for. Thank you! Come say hi! The picture of Carmen is a six month progress photo (didn't have another available). sleepy birdy.jpg Winston and Cona.jpg six month progress.png

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:hello:
:welave:
How devastating it must have been to loose your green cheek that way, I'm so sorry! I'm glad you could take in Carmen, and Darwin is gorgeous!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome sorry for your loss

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! I am sorry for your loss.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to AA. Sorry for your loss. Your dogs and birds are cute.

trinitymmgd1

Moving in
Real Name
Trinity Dewitt
Thank you guys! The loss of Ollie still pulls at my heart strings, especially since I have a bird who is bonding to me now, sometimes she'll do something that will remind me of him and I lose it! I'm new to owning a Macaw, I am working on recall training and struggling with keeping her off of my shoulder. Any advice?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum!

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran