• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello! I'm Gemini ♊

Gemini Jones

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Carle Marie Jones
Hello! My name is Gemini. FB_IMG_1539787723796.jpg Im a happy cockatiel. See my smile! My momma loves me very much and thought that if we joined this forum, she may learn ways to better care for me and strengthen our special bond. She has hand raised me since I hatched from my egg. She's my best friend. I love to clean her hair and pick at the freckles on her arm. Singing is so fun, I'm trying to learn the addams family right now, I've almost got it!! My daddy helps a lot too! He buys my millet spray, that's my favorite treat, and my yummy food! I love them both very much. One day, they hope I can be comfortable around their other child, she's 3 years old. She scares me.. OH! and maybe I'll have a bond with their baby that's coming in 22 more weeks! I hope so. Would you olplea leave some tips for my mom and dad? It can be anything you want! They would love that very much! Please and thank you!

Oh, also, can I see pictures of other beautiful birds? I love to make new friends!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:welcome2:

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
:welave:We hope you like it here!! My Jenks says hello and welcome to you and Gemini!!

Little one.jpg :hiya:

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:welcomesign: from me and Valentine, nice to meet you Gemini

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Image00010~2.jpg
Welcome to the forum! You are a cutie. Do you eat vegetables? Most tiels love millet but vegetables are good for you too. :)
Yes when I had a Tiel corn and peas were his favourites. :) Here's Echo and even though Zane has now pass I like sharing pictures of him :heart: Plus I even found one of me and cockatiel Sam who also had past :sorrow:

Echo my U2
20180804_154742.jpg

Zane my M2
1521731410900-703.jpg

Sam my cockatiel FB_IMG_1539791241377.jpg

Gemini Jones

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Carle Marie Jones
What a bunch of beautiful babies! I didn't expect even this much response so soon!!

Are there any vegetables that aren't safe for teils? Fresh or canned? What abouts dried veggies? I'm so happy to know that!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Good questions!! Onions, fresh tomatoes and avocados are the first things that come to my mind as unsafe foods. Give a sec to dig around the forum to find some helpful threads for you :)

Gemini Jones

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Carle Marie Jones
Okay! Thanks so much. :) I try my best to know as much as I can. My gem is everything to me! I want her to be happy and perfectly healthy! :)

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Here's a new good thread about foods Bird Safe Fresh Foods & Toxic Food Lists & More | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

You might also want to check out the safety section of the forum too
Safety Avenue | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

Sadly there are lots of dangerous household items that can harm birds. Teflon for example. I knew about it in pans but I didn't realize how many other items had it in them. Like some heaters and hairdryers. Sometimes all the dangerous stuff can be daunting but it is manageable:)

Okay! Thanks so much. :) I try my best to know as much as I can. My gem is everything to me! I want her to be happy and perfectly healthy! :)
She sounds like she's in good hands :)

Gemini Jones

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Carle Marie Jones
Here's a new good thread about foods Bird Safe Fresh Foods & Toxic Food Lists & More | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

You might also want to check out the safety section of the forum too
Safety Avenue | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

Sadly there are lots of dangerous household items that can harm birds. Teflon for example. I knew about it in pans but I didn't realize how many other items had it in them. Like some heaters and hairdryers. Sometimes all the dangerous stuff can be daunting but it is manageable:)

She sounds like she's in good hands :)
I really appreciate the help! I've already learned so much! Can you add friends on here or anything like that? You seem to know so much and I would like to be able to talk more with you if that's possible. Anything I can learn is more than accepted!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
You can follow people and private messages people too. We are very fortunate to lots of very friendly, very knowledge members here :) I've definitely learned alot since joining this forum. It's a great place. Feel free to start new threads if you have any questions or topics you'd like to cover. Or just want start a fun silly thread too. I think you'll find people strive to be helpful here. Some are a little blunt at times and the occasional argument can happen but that's usually because people are so passionate about the wellbeing of birds. And if you have any questions or problems you can always reach out to staff here :)

Goffinsmamma

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Madison
Welcome to the forum Gemini! (And welcome mom, dad, and little one(s) too!) From Kiwi the g2 and family! Did you hatch in Gemini like my momma? That would be so cool!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to you and your whole family from me, Milton da Too! (That's my handsome self in the picture!)

There's a place here on da Avenue that's especially made for us birds...it's called"Birdy Talk Playhouse"...under the heading of "Bird Boulevard"...the best thing about it...ONLY BIRDS ALLOWED! :yes4:

Fly on down to it and introduce your beautiful self...

Milton da Too :umbrella2:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
We welcome the Jones's to AA. As you have found out there are many really great people here who love birds.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to AA. Gemini is very pretty.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue