• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello from the prairie

bonefarm

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Katie
Hi all,

I have recently come into owning parrots which wasn't really in my plans but hey! I am enjoying it so far. Ive been lurking on here for about two months and thanks to the Ringneck subforum for making me feel much less insane. Those youtube videos are liars about how velcro new ringnecks are.

I have two ringnecks - One 5 y/o African Ringneck "Tilley." I am her 5th home, shes better than all of us and knows it. Shes an independent little girl and loves just chilling in a room with us but tricks are below her (and so is bedtime.)

I also have an 18m/o male IRN just getting his ring "Eiffel" he is a little more talkative and interactive but still pretty hands off.

We live on a small hobby farm in a rural area and the birds spend a lot of their time either outside on the porch watching goats and sheep and deer and whoever else wanders by or inside with me in my office. Ive been kind of struck by how much theyre emotionally and training-wise like horses. Tiny horses... that need to shred things... Fortunately im used to animals with high emotional and husbandry needs and have a schedule built around that so I havent found them to be too demanding but i can definitely see how people get very overwhelmed.

Anyways! thank you for being here! I have been silently relating to your ringnecks for awhile! Heres my little beebeeps
tumblr_b0948fb264355d8870d97e5f9fee150c_bbc6164c_1280.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Xoetix