• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hahns macaw vs sun conure?

Dachshund King

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
The hahns macaw and sun conure are the 2 species i am condidering adding to my flock. I have a jenday conure and a CBC conure. I have done loads of research and i can't really choose between the two. I can tolerate lots of noise and space isn t a problem. However, I'm not to keen on nippiness. I heard the Hahns macaw can go through a nippy phase as young bird but i couldn't find out how long that would last. I know it's all dependent on the indibidual bird so Any experience with these two species would be greatly appreciated. Which of the two would you reccomend? Thanks

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Well my Hahns and green cheek hated each other... safety wise I would go with the sun because they are less likely to injure your CBC.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

Mzme

Moving in
Real Name
Mz
Hi

Im a little late with this but I have 1 Hahns Macaw, 1 Jenday conure & 2 Caiques.
My hahns macaw is like butter in my hands but she can be nippy and can bully my Jenday Conure. Sometimes they are the best of friends and other times she gets nasty towards him. I would suggest adding a sun conure. Hahns macaws are great birds but in my experience they are very jealous and because the Hahns Macaw will be the bigger of your flock it could dominate and hurt your birds.