• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Growing the wrong type of feather?

Shack

Moving in
Real Name
Dragan Nikolovski
My 'tiel is currently going through her (or at least I think it's a her) first molt. Recently I've noticed that on her wings she's growing 1 feather that is longer and thinner than the ones that are right next to it, almost looking like a primary flight feather. She has one of those on each wing but it's further along on her right. These feathers also seem to be growing at a bit of an offset angle in comparison to the neighboring feathers.
Is this cause for concern? She doesn't look to me like those feathers are really giving her any trouble when she's flying. In case this is something serious, the earliest I could take her to the vet is most likely on monday.
IMG_20210723_150441496_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210723_150445915_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210723_150454484_HDR.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My guess is that it's just not sitting in the right place, or it got bent out of position due to no supporting feathers next to it :) it happens! I don't get concerned unless it's causing visible discomfort

Shack

Moving in
Real Name
Dragan Nikolovski
My guess is that it's just not sitting in the right place, or it got bent out of position due to no supporting feathers next to it :) it happens! I don't get concerned unless it's causing visible discomfort
Alright, thank you :D I'll keep an eye on her in case it becomes serious.