• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Curiosiac

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mariyam Saara
Hi ,I have a 6 month old cockateil and I'm super confused of what gender it is .so I'm sharing some pics I took ,dont think it will matter much tho,Thanks in advance❤

I have researched a lot about the molting process and baby cockateils but I was unable to confirm this little ones gender .what's confusing is that its sensitive to touch and bites if I touch its body,looks female too,doesnt dance however it vocals are like a male ,says a few words even. Also it moves around the cage with so much energy all the time .when I let it out of the cage it will fly really fast around the room for 2 to 3 rounds and come back .I'm pretty sure it melted once because the chnage in appearance was huge in a short period of time and new feathers are there too .some of the new featheres lost the pattern but mostly the tail feathers are still striped.And also after molt some little spots appeard under the wings too.so help?

Attachments

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Curiosiac

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mariyam Saara
Probably female.
Does your cockatiel whistle a lot? If lots of whistling and "singing" then probably male but if the tail feathers have markings and bird has molted out the juvenile/baby tail feathers then most probably female.
The face looks female to me.
What is your 'tiel's name?
The name is zetsuki ,zetsu for short.sings a lot ,says peekaboo,wachcha doing and something else too.and more yellow feathered are growing on head so.tail featheres has markings ,even the newest ones has a small amount of marking .

Attachments

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I don't know anything about his/her gender.........

.....But I do know cute. And that is one very cute tiel.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Males tend to be more vocal - being able to "talk" and sing. Your tiel reminds me of one of mine - I got him as a baby - was told he was a male but his markings were similar to yours. At 3 months old he also became very vocal. His face also became more yellow - took him a year to develop his yellow face mask. Zetsu is very cute!

Curiosiac

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mariyam Saara
Males tend to be more vocal - being able to "talk" and sing. Your tiel reminds me of one of mine - I got him as a baby - was told he was a male but his markings were similar to yours. At 3 months old he also became very vocal. His face also became more yellow - took him a year to develop his yellow face mask. Zetsu is very cute!
Thankyou. So you think it's a Male?

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Based on your description of his vocal abilities - I think male. It took over a year before my male developed his yellow face and molted his tail feathers.