• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

nipiybirb

Moving in
I just moved to a place next to a gas station, not even thinking about it. And I woke up to the smell of gasoline at 5am. The trucks come and refill the station everyday it seems. Most days I don't smell anything at all, and I've lived here for a couple of months. Today however it was so bad it woke me up. It's the first time the smell made it to my room.

I closed the windows, put the air purifier to max and set up a fan to circulate the clean smelling air from the living room. My bird also has her bedtime blanket over her cage. She's a small parrotlet.

I'll monitor her if she starts to act distressed and show signs of respiratory difficulty.

What should I do to make sure she's OK when the gas smell does reach my room? Load her in the van and drive away until it's done? Is the air purifier and fans next to her cage enough?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bump

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I closed the windows,
Was this before or after noticing the smell?
If it was after, then a solution could be to keep your windows closed in the evening before you go to bed, and open them during the day?
Go and ask the folks there which days they get deliveries so you can close your windows accordingly.

Is your bird doing ok now?

nipiybirb

Moving in
Was this before or after noticing the smell?
If it was after, then a solution could be to keep your windows closed in the evening before you go to bed, and open them during the day?
Go and ask the folks there which days they get deliveries so you can close your windows accordingly.

Is your bird doing ok now?
She's fine . Being her regular ol' self thankfully. I'll take your advice on closing the window at night and the other windows around the house too. It's weird that I mostly smelled it in my room when i woke up and not the living room or the kitchen, when I'm on the opposite side of the gas station. I guess it must of traveled and then lingered in my room.