• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

EXTREMELY Conflicted

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
It certainly is one very strange story and I honestly still think if this bird was actually found the way we were told here it was found then the police should have been involved.

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
It certainly is one very strange story and I honestly still think if this bird was actually found the way we were told here it was found then the police should have been involved.
I don't know if she could be lying or something.. But I want to trust

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
I don't know if she could be lying or something.. But I want to trust
I can't really get her till after quarantine now. I sent my coworker some chop recipes and trying to encourage her to take the bird out.

Should I push her on the story? I really don't know

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Should I push her on the story? I really don't know
Why? What purpose would it serve? If you are going to get him, that's what is important. The police are not going to give this bird one teeny bit of attention. Particularly not at this time.

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Why? What purpose would it serve? If you are going to get him, that's what is important. The police are not going to give this bird one teeny bit of attention. Particularly not at this time.
Thats what I was thinking, thank you for reassurance

BirdAtHart

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ashley
Curious as to how this played out? Have you brought the bird home yet? Is she doing ok? I saw that you mentioned needing to wait until quarantine was over, and I know in many places restrictions have been lifted quite a bit.
hope all is well!

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Curious as to how this played out? Have you brought the bird home yet? Is she doing ok? I saw that you mentioned needing to wait until quarantine was over, and I know in many places restrictions have been lifted quite a bit.
hope all is well!
She and her mom are actually debating that they might want to keep her! Which is good but makes me a little sad, but her and the mom's amazon have become friends. I'll let you guys know how this turns out when it's full on decided.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I wondered about that in the beginning— why, if sh was so eager for to have the bird, she didn’t just give it to you!

Oh well maybe this one just isn’t your bird.

I once gave a lady 2 kittens. As she left I said if there’s any problem at all bring them back. Months later I asked how they were doing. “I gave them away. I put them in a box and wrote “free” and left it at the dump.”

:omg:
Why didn’t you let me know? I asked.

“You didn’t seem very interested.”

How could I be interested when I didn’t know??? People suck.

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Okay so turns out she is unable to keep the macaw because of this uprising situation with her not so good husband. I just found a HUGE cage online in our local marketplace group for cheap for the room so it works out. She's planning on maybe bringing her all the way down her instead of me going there. Not getting too excited incase she changes her mind again, back to getting the room ready.

Has anyone ever used something like a curtain or like a beaded curtain to keep birds out of certain rooms? Did it work at all?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I would consider housing your lovebird elsewhere... like on the other side of a real door somewhere.
I remember you were having issues with her going into the larger birds cages, I´d hate to think of her going into that macs cage and bullying him/her, the outcome would not be good.
Maybe a bedroom or somewhere?

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
I would consider housing your lovebird elsewhere... like on the other side of a real door somewhere.
I remember you were having issues with her going into the larger birds cages, I´d hate to think of her going into that macs cage and bullying him/her, the outcome would not be good.
Maybe a bedroom or somewhere?
Yeah that is exactly what i was worried about, i adore Isla but thats exactly what the little brat would do! Thinkin we might move her to my dad's room since Mel is in mine.

The whole house is full of birds.. :p

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Has anyone ever used something like a curtain or like a beaded curtain to keep birds out of certain rooms? Did it work at all?
If you get a good beaded (like not 4' gaps between strings) curtain there is no bird that will fly through it. They would have to get on the floor and walk through it. Which would take an awfully long time before a bird had the courage to try that.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I use patio netting and a retractable clothesline to keep mine apart. But Miss Jewel scales that net like it's nothing. Which is okay and necessary because she has two boyfriends. And Zephyr sneaks under the bottom sometimes. But usually they tell on each other. If one of the boys sees another boy getting ready to be naughty, a bunch of head fluffing and angry garbles start going. They entire flock will start this angry chattering. Or maybe they're saying..."fight, fight, fight!"... They know where they are not supposed to go. I will be changing most of it to solid wood and stainless mesh panels.

And on Happy and Chya's end, I put a net up just to keep others from getting spooked and flying into their area. Chya can fly around the net to get to me.

Honestly, do not trust littles around bigs ever...if he escaped his cage when you weren't home, he (if like mine) would go straight to the big birds cage. I have missed closing a door in the past and had bloody toes when I got home.

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
I use patio netting and a retractable clothesline to keep mine apart. But Miss Jewel scales that net like it's nothing. Which is okay and necessary because she has two boyfriends. And Zephyr sneaks under the bottom sometimes. But usually they tell on each other. If one of the boys sees another boy getting ready to be naughty, a bunch of head fluffing and angry garbles start going. They entire flock will start this angry chattering. Or maybe they're saying..."fight, fight, fight!"... They know where they are not supposed to go. I will be changing most of it to solid wood and stainless mesh panels.

And on Happy and Chya's end, I put a net up just to keep others from getting spooked and flying into their area. Chya can fly around the net to get to me.

Honestly, do not trust littles around bigs ever...if he escaped his cage when you weren't home, he (if like mine) would go straight to the big birds cage. I have missed closing a door in the past and had bloody toes when I got home.
Thank you for your response! Yeah I'm not gonna trust them to even be out at the same time, i trust Basil and the budgies out at the same time (supervised) but not Mel with any of the littles and not Basil with Isla, macaw is not gonna be with any of them ever. Thinking we might just chill with the normal door on the room and move Isla to a whole different room as well than the living room just in case.

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Update, a little bit of an angry one.

We are still getting the macaw. But she came clean and told me that it's her friend's bird who was like it's 5th home and she's been trying to get rid of it and thought a sob story would make me more likely to take it, no wonder she didn't want to bring the police or anything into this. I'm not happy with this at all. I was going to wait for her to get her car fixed and her bring the bird here but I'm gonna see if I can figure something out with work and I can just go there to pick him up to get this over with. I'm glad she's on-call and not on schedule now since she moved.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
At least the poor guy is going to a great home! Why wouldn't they just be honest and say they thought you would be a great home for the little baby?

I am very happy for you, but not best pleased with what they have done, both to the bird and you.