• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

EXTREMELY Conflicted

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
My coworker just found a BG outside, she called me up and told me I'm the first person she thought of. She's trying to find the owner but she said if by the end of April if she can't find the owner she wants me to have it. I did just get my two ekkies in the past 3 months.

But to me this also seems like a big sign because I've been talking about how much I've been wanting a macaw and a BG is my dream bird but I obviously wouldn't get one since I just got my new fids. Am I thinking into this too much. I've actually known about it for a week but it just won't leave my mind.

I do have the time and we do have a room we could convert into a cage. We already have separate times for each bird group to come out (I can explain that if anyone likes)

This is the picture they took for me sorry its such bad quality, they have no experience with birds and said its extremely sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
That poor baby needs his real owners found and no one should be even thinking of keeping him without the biggest amount of effort put in to find his real family/flock..... these birds can fly vast distances so the owner may not be as close as you think. If they cannot be found then I feel like they should only be looking at fostering this bird till the owners are tracked down.
I can not imagine if this was Burt..... I would be beside myself- he is so sweet that I’m sure whoever found him would want to keep him but he belongs at my home- we know each other’s quirks and have a routine and a special unique bond, I can’t imagine anyone thinking they could replace that just because they were lucky enough to find him. That poor bird :(
Put posters everywhere and alert as many places as possible..... I honestly hope his proper family are found.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Gosh, I hope his real family are found for him.
I’m in half a panic for him and his family just thinking of how I would be coping if Burt was missing........ obviously I wouldn’t cope very well at all:lol:

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
That poor baby needs his real owners found and no one should be even thinking of keeping him without the biggest amount of effort put in to find his real family/flock..... these birds can fly vast distances so the owner may not be as close as you think. If they cannot be found then I feel like they should only be looking at fostering this bird till the owners are tracked down.
I can not imagine if this was Burt..... I would be beside myself- he is so sweet that I’m sure whoever found him would want to keep him but he belongs at my home- we know each other’s quirks and have a routine and a special unique bond, I can’t imagine anyone thinking they could replace that just because they were lucky enough to find him. That poor bird :(
Put posters everywhere and alert as many places as possible..... I honestly hope his proper family are found.
I do too, but my brain keeps taking me back to the possibility. If I remember right he is clipped, no leg ring. I've been looking om groups and everything to see if anyone has put anything out. I feel bad for even thinking about it. We both are really trying.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
As someone who has also lost a bird outside and never recovered her, my heart breaks to think about someone not doing everything in their power to return her home.

That aside, you can look at it as a sign if you want to, but I would caution you to not do too much too quickly. In my experience it takes 6 to 12 months for a bird to settle into a home. Too many moving pieces at once can get overwhelming fast!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What area was he lost in? We could try to help look for his owners. I can't imagine no one is looking for him!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Burt has no leg ring - even if he did it would not help him to be reunited with me! He does have a microchip so I can be found but this will only be useful if the person finding him takes him to the vet to check for a chip.

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Hmmm was it just recently someone posted about a missing B&G that had a toe issue of some sort? Probably not the same bird but similar timing

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It's possible I missed it! But definitely the largest database. She can also inquire at area vets and shelters, post on Craigslist, and local Facebook pages. Those were places I was looking when I lost my baby!