• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

EXTREMELY Conflicted

Dorcas George

Rollerblading along the road
We are cheering for you, and we are rooting for the best outcome possible for this poor bird. I am in tears. Emotional day anyhow, so this kinda put me over the edge. WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE! :yelling:
My opinion really doesn't matter much, but I'm with JL Cribber and Hankmacaw and Mizzely.

Last edited:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I would definitely contact the police and let them know you found a macaw in a box.
If someone had one stolen, they would have contacted the police, and the police will have a record of it.
It's not unheard of for folk to steal, then realize it wasn't a good idea and dump the animal/bird, etc....

If I remember right, not too long ago someone had a macaw stolen from their back porch by people who came to pick up a cage.

Birds are stolen sadly on a regular basis.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
IMO Craigslist is the last place I'd put this bird.
Scammers will be calling forever. And they're good!
Call the police, no one I know has a macaw stolen and doesn't report it.

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
IMO Craigslist is the last place I'd put this bird.
Scammers will be calling forever. And they're good!
Call the police, no one I know has a macaw stolen and doesn't report it.
Since I wasn't the one who found him I'll pass it onto Julia (my coworker) thank you, ill text her to call then.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Please be careful with your wording and identification of the bird. People that would love to claim this bird as their lost bird so they can flip it are out there.
Yes! I was thinking that the picture could be removed from this thread. There might be something in the pic that could be used by a criminal to claim the bird.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Has he been listed on Parrot alert yet??

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
I would definitely contact the police and let them know you found a macaw in a box.
If someone had one stolen, they would have contacted the police, and the police will have a record of it.
It's not unheard of for folk to steal, then realize it wasn't a good idea and dump the animal/bird, etc....

If I remember right, not too long ago someone had a macaw stolen from their back porch by people who came to pick up a cage.

Birds are stolen sadly on a regular basis.

There are abandon parrots everywhere. People either don't know what they are getting into when they get these birds or their lifestyle has drastically changed. I just read of a scarlet macaw who was thrown out of the window of a car and landed in a snowbank. The owner apparently couldn't take the bird's loud screams anymore and he snapped.

Yes, I realize that these birds are sometimes stolen, but I can't imagaine that the person who took him would leave him in a box with some pellets and a sign that says "free".

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Should also remove any other ID tags for him such as whether he had a ring or not....etc

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
(I think I'm, just going to start referring to the macaw as a she keep I still accidentally doing that anyway, until I know)

I pick her up in 3 days, (I'm honestly really excited), we have almost everything together, would anyone be interested if I made a progress thread about her like I have with Mel and Basil? It's a 3 hour drive does anyone have any recommendations with bringing her back and helping her settle in other than I'd already know?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Good - you deserve that bird - why? - because you care about it and will give it a good home. Maybe your home won't be forever, but it is a life saving stop.

A pox of the most severe type on whoever left that bird on the sidewalk.

Ella.pi

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
It's such a strange story... o_O at least now it's safe... I hope everything goes well for both of you.

In France, you couldn't keep it without a leg band or microchip. You have to have legal papers as proof it was captive bred by a professional breeder and not illegaly imported... without those documents, you can't obtain the legal certificate needed to own a Macaw. In a case like this, the police would have to be involved and the parrot would be placed in a facility during the investigation...

Last edited: