• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Emma's Return Home Story..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaBirdMom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janet
Saemma,
I'm so so happy your precious Emma came home to you. The special bond you've developed with her is the reason she was found. She
was trying to find her way back to you. What a special girl!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I think she was looking up at their faces trying to see you!!!! :heart:

omg what a happy ending! :hug8:
...just read the second half of the story...so unbelievable sweet..and I think your right rockoko - she must have been dying for a little TLC in her time of fear, and after perching on a shoulder and getting cozy she'd realize something still wasnt right, take a look at the face, not see you and remember where she was.....

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The World Cup Soccer is also being held in South Africa.:heart: Emma is an african grey.:heart:

ciesana

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
I am so glad that Emma is home safe and sound! Thanks for sharing your story!!! :heart:

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Ohhhh, I love the idea of Emma going to watch one of the boys' games! And imagine if their luck turned around and they get on a winning streak! That sounds like a perfect story for the evening news.:heart:

CKJ

Real Name
Cindy
Saemma, you & Emma can rest well tonight! In fact, a lot of us will rest well. I am so happy for both of you ~ :hug8:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki

Yes.. I thought about that tonight. I think very good friendships were created today.:hug8:
That is a great story. There ARE good people around. I was thinking the same thing, that Emma should go for a visit to their games (in her carrier of course!!) and visit them again:heart:

Missy828

Meeting neighbors
I have been away all day and just now got back, so I was unable to follow the emma thread today. I am so happy to have seen this new thread about her return. I was actually stunned at first when I saw it!!!

Saemma: I am so happy for you and little Emma!!! I knew at some point you two just had to be reunited, it just HAD to happen. Congrats on getting your little girl back, you both deserve to be back together. :hug8:

bookworm

Jogging around the block
Real Name
thou
yay, i'm so glad she's back home where she belongs. gosh, i wonder what she did the whole time.

CarmieJo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie

Dear Lord, thank you for listening to all our prayers and keeping Emma safe. Thank you for giving Saemma the strength and fortitude she needed to get through this awful time. Thank you for giving Emma the courage to fly to strangers for help, and thank you for putting the wonderful soccer team, the father, the park worker and the rescue shelter in the right place at the right time. Amen

AMEN!

I just got home after leaving at 9AM and what a wonderful ending to my day. Saemma, I am so happy for you! I went in and woke my husband up to tell him Emma is home! I love it, the boys soccer team, World Cup, South Africa, African Grey! I don't believe in coincidence and I see God all over this!

gayla

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla
Saemma....There's not much more to say that hasn't been said.

I just talked to my friend who is a Pastor (I told you about him in a PM) I had asked him to say a prayer for you & Emma yesterday.....and today she is home safe. I think she had help....in a "Divine" way.

I believe that everything happens for a reason, and people come in & out of our lives for a reason.......I think that in some way, all this was meant to happen....You know those boys will have a good story to tell for along time, and I bet they will all take an interest in Parrots. A good lesson was learned by all. I also think it would be fantastic to bring Emma to some of their games....she's a superstar to those boys.

Emma...you are a miracle, and we all love you & your Mom & Sachi.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
Awsome you should take Emma to one of their soccer games , she could be their Mascot :)

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
AMEN!

I just got home after leaving at 9AM and what a wonderful ending to my day. Saemma, I am so happy for you! I went in and woke my husband up to tell him Emma is home! I love it, the boys soccer team, World Cup, South Africa, African Grey! I don't believe in coincidence and I see God all over this!

You are so right. I dont believe in coincidence's but I sure believe it was all the love and prayers and good vibes that got Emma back to her Mom and for reasons we do not know, it was meant to happen. We have yet to see the trickle effect of the good things to come from this. :hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Saemma, can you do me a huge favor and post me a pic of Emma. Then I will feel completely happy over her safe return. I can never fully relax till see them back home. :D

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
i know the feelings you went through mango got away from me but only for about 1 hr was in sight most of the time id have gone insane if he had gone out of sight let alone for days we were blessed you emma mango me but many have not been blessed i pray for them to find peace of mind and pray there birds found good homes and will one day return yo rightfull owners
god bless

dorn27

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kristi
I'm so glad she's home! I get so freaked out about lost parrots.

We lost Sunny about 3 years ago. I had (stupidly) taken her outside frequently under a hooded sweat shirt, I took her outdoors while we were having a family get together. A motorcycle went by and scared her. We were lucky enough to have kept her in sight for 90% of the time. She ended up 3 stories high (and unable to fly down), not bad for a mostly clipped bird! She ended up in several trees, over a dozen, going a bit higher each stop.

It was lucky we had so many guest over, they're the reason we kept her in sight. When night fell I slept in a lawnchair. About 3-4am the owner of the place (he works bar security) came home to find me there. He freaked out (apparently there was some bad history), but once we explained it all, he let us on his roof.

I actually ran into him last night, it was my sister bachelorette party, when I was very drunk. I've run into him a few times in Walmart over the years. When I saw him, I could hardly believe it. I happily introduced him to the group of girls as my "Parrot Guy" who had "Saved Sunny bird!" He told me his still tells of our tale... and no one believes him! Then he was off (he was in a wedding that day).

I'm so glad you got Emma back, I get so upset about lost birds with Sunny's history, that I can't even post in the threads until they're found.

Status
Not open for further replies.