• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Emma's Return Home Story..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have to admit, I am metric challenged and when I converted 6km to miles...I was shocked that she was almost 4 miles away..:(
Isn't that crazy? I was stunned by the distance and the direction on my way there. I'm still trying to determine in my mind whether being fully flighted helped her survive.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
All I have done was talk about how your little was found and brought home to anyone who would listen. I'm just so happy for you! :hug8:

Emma is a very smart girl. I think she could see the kindness in these little boys and that is why she let herself be known to them. I'm sure she saw a lot of other people the last few days but didn't trust them, she must of saw your kindness and love in them. :)

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
This is the best news ever! Praise God for answered prayers!!!! I am SO happy she is home where she belongs!!

Robin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Isn't that crazy? I was stunned by the distance and the direction on my way there. I'm still trying to determine in my mind whether being fully flighted helped her survive.
I have been wondering the same thing, about being flighted.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I most definatley say being fully flighted helped her survive. Saemma so many of us were praying for her to be sent to the right people to get her back to you. I made a prayer alter for her this morning with a prayer and put the time on it of 9:27am and part of my prayer was asking St. Francis send someone who could assist in getting Emma back to you. How in the world can anyone explain what happened except for divine intervention of all those that were praying for you both? :hug8:

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Sleep tight Saemma, Sachi and sweet Emma..... I will sleep much better myself tonight just knowing you are all safe and sound and together again!!!!!!

Harley's Mom

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Kathy
Saemma
I am so thrilled for you to have Emma back home safe and sound. I have prayed for both of you several times each day since she went missing. thank goodness she is so comfortable with strange humans and sought them out for help. I am a new parront but I have fallen in love with the african grey's through videos of emma and alex. I hope one day when the time is right to provide a home to one.
until then I learn from my Harley and enjoy his company.
we are going camping when I get off work in the morning. I will make sure he has his flight suit on and leash attached when he is out of his cage.
enjoy your babies and know that newbies like myself are learning from the experiences of the postings from the regulars both good and bad.
kathy and Harley

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I most definatley say being fully flighted helped her survive. Saemma so many of us were praying for her to be sent to the right people to get her back to you. I made a prayer alter for her this morning with a prayer and put the time on it of 9:27am and part of my prayer was asking St. Francis send someone who could assist in getting Emma back to you. How in the world can anyone explain what happened except for divine intervention of all those that were praying for you both? :hug8:

Thank you so much for doing that for us Pat. I agree! :hug8:I'm so happy that I was so tired and decided that I was going to try and get some sleep after no success at dawn.
The phone call woke me up.:dance4:I posted on here 2 minutes after I hung up with the rescue shelter and was trembling like mad.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Wow! What an incredible story Saemma! And Emma, what a little charmer...from one shoulder to the next to the next. My heart is just soaring I tell you!:) This really is such a wonderful story and I'm so glad that Emma is home safe and sound.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
I just got home from a very long day at work and came straight to AA to check on Miss Emma. I cried tears of joy just reading the title of this thread. And I cried some more reading about how you both were reunited. What wonderful and good people Emma and you encountered on this nightmarish adventure of Emma's. I know all the searching and worrying was taking it's toll on you, I know how hard it was for you, being such a private person, putting yourself out there, talking to complete strangers and giving out your phone number, but you found the strength and courage to do what you had to do to find your sweet Emma. I totally believe in the power of prayer, the power of positive thinking and the power of love. You and Emma were surrounded by all three, sent from coast to coast and across oceans. I am so glad you got your baby back safe and sound. I just love happy endings :)

Dear Lord, thank you for listening to all our prayers and keeping Emma safe. Thank you for giving Saemma the strength and fortitude she needed to get through this awful time. Thank you for giving Emma the courage to fly to strangers for help, and thank you for putting the wonderful soccer team, the father, the park worker and the rescue shelter in the right place at the right time. Amen

Saemma, what a wonderful thing you are doing by giving the reward money to the soccer team. Hugs to you and Emma

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you so much for your loving words Brigid!!:hug8:Thank you so much everybody.:heart:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Oh wow! I'm so glad they gave you more pieces of the puzzle of how Emma was found. Do you think once Emma is rested and back in her routine you can bring her to the soccer team so she can talk for them in person? What a thrill that would be and what an impression it would leave that they rescued a very special parrot.
I am so happy for you Saemma. All through the rest of the day I kept thinking about the two of you and how relieved and happy you both must be now. :hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh wow! I'm so glad they gave you more pieces of the puzzle of how Emma was found. Do you think once Emma is rested and back in her routine you can bring her to the soccer team so she can talk for them in person? What a thrill that would be and what an impression it would leave that they rescued a very special parrot.
I am so happy for you Saemma. All through the rest of the day I kept thinking about the two of you and how relieved and happy you both must be now. :hug8:
Yes. I think that is a great idea!! I really didn't know that Emma could be comfortable with children.:heart: This will help when I have children one day.

Isn't that awesome? I also feel better knowing that perhaps I can go on vacation and she probably won't be too anxious either.:)

chief5feathers

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lisa
What a wonderful story!!! And the most wonderful, most thrilling, happiest ending ever!!! :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:
I'm looking forward to watching many, many more adorable Emma videos in the future! :dance4:

Love you Emma!!! :heart: :hug8: :heart:

newf

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
We have been gone all day, and I told hubby that we had to get home so I can find out if Emma came home. I can't tell you how happy and excited I was to log on and see a thread titled Emma's return home story. I have tears in my eyes after reading about her adventure. I am so happy for you!!!! Stories like this help me keep the faith that there are still people out there that will do the right thing when it counts. Emma is so smart to keep tight to those people so they could get her home.

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
What an incredible story! How lucky of that team to be there to find her and how sweet that the man just let her sep right up - he must have bird experience?! Thats a pretty big bird to just let step up on you if youve never done it before!
Really awsome that it worked out so well...I hope we hear the same from Molly's owner soon :)

.....and if - you wanna go - to get away from it aaaalll - way down to Kokomo!

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
The moment I saw your thread title I sighed in relief and did a little prayer, I am so HAPPY and relieved she is home safe and sound!

Status
Not open for further replies.