• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Emma's Return Home Story..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I reflect upon the last month and I cannot believe the amount of drama my Celebirdy Emma has brought in to my life. :eek:

I very much hope that that's the end of it.:D

I feel the last 2 days were a nightmare and today feels like a dream. I can't believe she is REALLY home and keep looking at her cage to make sure this is not a hallucination I am having.

First and foremost, THANK YOU ALL so much for caring so much and for not being indifferent to me, Emma and Sachi. You guys were unbelievably awesome and were an enormous beacon of light for me during an agonizing suffering that affected me on so many levels. It really does traumatize the entire system and I do not ever wish that type of nightmare on anyone.:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

On to the story.:cool:

My sweet Emma was found by a boys soccer team practicing their game this morning. They found her 45 minutes before I received the call from the rescue shelter. The location is about 6 km from my home. She actually crossed several highways. She was still in the Anjou sector but had flown right to the limits of its east edge. I have never been to that part of Anjou. It is a part that is in development and really doesn't have many trees or foliage. A very quiet and isolated area and where alot of building will be taking place. Not alot of people circulating there. Only ones that would be there would be the ones who would be working and that would be during the week, not on the weekend. They will probably build more parks, bly condos and malls in that area. ;)The only thing that has has been completed was this great soccer field. :dance4:

Emma was smart enough to land in the middle of their game.:) Apparently the boys were a bit scared of her and thought she was trying to attack them. One of the boys called his father. THe father approached Emma and she stepped up to him willingly and then flew to his shoulder and hung out there for a good 20 minutes. She was very gentle, calm, and trusting but of course very hungry. He located a park worker who was smart enough to call the rescue that I had contacted and she called me right away. On my way there, I was so nervous and anxious. I had a feeling it was her but was afraid to be disappointed and that perhaps I'd find some other species of parrot.:(
When the park worker opened the door so I could look, Emma was perched on top of a bathroom stall. I was relieved to see an african grey.
I stepped closer to look at her face and I knew right away that she was my Emma. She stepped up to me right away and I placed her in her carrier.

The good people and the park people refused to take a reward so I asked for the name of the Soccer association. I will be sending a cheque payable to that particular soccer team and they can use the money as they see fit.:)

Since Emma's been home, she keeps saying "aww" very sympathetically each time I talk to her. :heart:The only other word that she has used today is "mommy" when I told her I was going to do some dishes. She is just as gentle and as sweet. She has eaten and drinken. She doesn't look tattered, harmed or injured. She almost behaves like she simply went for a 2 day trip and now she is back. I think the soccer team etc.. were the only humans she came in contact with.

I am thankful that she came in contact with *good* people and they all did the right thing.:heart::hug8:

I wish I knew what kinds of things she had seen. It is ironic that a few weeks ago I had felt terribly about not being able to give Emma the gift of flying near the clouds and with the wind. I will never ever ever feel bad about that again.:)

Hugs to all of you.:heart::hug8:

P.s.. right now she's singing Kokomo.

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:hug8::hug8:so very very happy!!!
Emma singing Kokomo :heart::heart:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Outstanding. :hug8:

drop

Rollerblading along the road
I am so happy to be reading this story, Emma is such a smart girl. Do you mind if I cross post this story and translate it? There are some people on other forums waiting to hear what happened too. There are many people who care about your girlie, and are very happy to know that she is home. Good job Emma!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Oh Saemma that is so wonderful..I cant tell you how much we were all on this emotional roller coaster with you. I just knew today was the day, the energy on the board was so positive and YOUR energy had shifted too. Many hugs to those boys and the Father that stepped in to help.

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
What a nice story with a heartworming ending, too. :D So glad that Emma is back and that everything worked out well. :hug4:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
This is the best news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOO>>>>>>dance of joy time!~~!:dancing:
I am so very very happy!! You must be exhausted after, from the adrenalin rush. It is wonderful to hear no harm came to her, and she landed in the hands of good people. This is awesome!:laughing12::laughing12::laughing12:

Becca0406

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Rebecca
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: WELCOME HOME EMMA ~ I am so happy to hear that you are home and safe! Bless those children and father for doing the right thing and reuniting Saemma and Emma! Bless you Saemma for having the courage, strength, and wisdom for continuing the search...:hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4:

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
What a nice ending for Emma, I love you Emma:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so happy to be reading this story, Emma is such a smart girl. Do you mind if I cross post this story and translate it? There are some people on other forums waiting to hear what happened too. There are many people who care about your girlie, and are very happy to know that she is home. Good job Emma!
Not at all!! Please do!!!:hug8::hug8:

Izzy_Bird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lisa
I am so glad she is safe and home with you. I could only attempt to put myself in your situation if that had been my Izzy, and the feeling was just absolutely terrible. For you it had to be a million times worse.

Thank goodness for good boys, a good dad and a very smart park worker. Thank goodness for Emma being such a smart girl and knowing right where to land. Thank goodness that Emma has such a brave mommy who did all of the right things and didn't give up!

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so happy you both are back together....this was the best news i've heard in so long..big hugs to both of you.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:hug8:

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
:hug8: Wonderful !! Thank God for good people.

Oknuma

Real Name
Oknuma
wow.. so far away and to fly to some wonderful people. someone was certainly smiling down on Emma!

I am so glad she is home.. the only place she should be.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Super duper news!!!!!!! Yayayayayaya:heart:

Jadie

Real Name
Jade
ahh I can't believe this story, what great people , I'm just ecstatic! I knew today would be the day, I'm soo soo happy she is back safe and sound :dancing:
Silly girl, I also wonder what she has seen and what she was doing the whole time.
That's one vacation I hope she never takes again!
Big bear hugs to you, Emma and Sachi:hug8:
please call me when you feel up to it:heart:

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Good to hear that it didn't seem nearly as traumatic for Emma as it was for her mommy! I'm so happy she's back home with you! I :heart: Emma!

Status
Not open for further replies.