• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does My Cockatiel Have Any Problem??

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Hi, I bought a pair of cockatiel since 4 days. But I notice it that their activity is slow and they stay quite and become puffy and also they stay as closed eyes. Also their poops are water like and now it like green. What I Should to do?? Does my cockatiel have any problem?? Its my first time to bought cockatiel. Please help me.

Attachments

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They could be very scared and stress. Stress will sometimes cause watery poops although those don't look overly watery. If they are scared since they are in a new home they may not want to do very much. I would advise taking both of them to the vet for new bird check ups. That's the best way to know that all is well or if there are issues that need to be taken care of. BTW, did you talk to the people at the place where you got them from in order to share your concerns?
Congrats on getting your 'tiels.

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Thanks for your reply. I also have budgerigar. So, I want to know can I put cockatiels and budgies at same place in different cages?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would quarantine the cockatiels from the budgies for at least 30-45 days. Do the seller give you any background information on them, any health history?

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
I am doing quarantine these cockatiels. But after this if I put them at same place with budgerigar in different cages can they face any problem in breeding or something else?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Your new birds are beautiful. Are they eating okay? Once quarantine is over, I think it would be fine to keep their cage near the budgie's cage.

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
When I bought them they are quite and don't eat as well. But Since, today they back to their appetite. They eat as well from today.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
They look young and scared of a new home, take it easy, make sure they get good healthy food, not just seeds. The poo dosent look bad, but as another said, stress will cause this. Once they're out of quarantine, they can share a room with your budgie. A wellness check would be a good idea too, after they've settled for a few days. They sure are pretty! Also, when you have time, get them a couple natural manzanita or other variegated safe wood perches for feet health.