• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

CITES Export Permit - Do not know origin of pet

MargaretS

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Margaret
I adopted my pet conure, "Buddy" in 2014 by a couple who just had a baby and needed to find a good home for their pet, this was on Craigslist

The conure has a blue captive bred ID ring with letters "FFC OR" which is on the left leg. I looked this ring number up on "Leg Band Registry" website and the Name/Avairy is listed as "Quinn" in Oregon. I have emailed but not sure if they will respond.

We are applying for a CITES Export Permit and it states the breeders name/origin/hatch date is needed

The option on the form - "if you do not know the origin of your pet" is a worry because I am unsure what is needed. We have bonded with Buddy over the years and not sure how we can relocate to the UK with this lack of info.

If anyone on this forum can help, I would be grateful !

Kind Regards,
Margaret

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
I really can't help you with your situation. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck on taking your bird with you to your new home. I just rehomed a wild White Winged Dove bcuz it's technically against the law to possess one in the US unless you are a licensed rehabber. I'm moving across the country and didn't want to risk him being confiscated and euthanized. Best to you.

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Hi Margaret!
I imported JoeJoe (a rescue Amazon who had had three previous homes) from England to Jersey, Channel Islands. My friend who exported him had to fill in a CITES export form. We actually filled it in together so I have all the info in my files. Under Country of Origin, we put United Kingdom. (I suspect this is to ascertain whether the bird is wild caught or not). Therefore I am pretty sure you could put United States. We did have a hatch date, but only because it was a guesstimate on the last vet bill. Have you ever taken Buddy to a vet and if so is there an estimate of his age? We had no information about breeders name.

Under CITES appendix we put: II
Under GB Annex we put: B
Under Source we put: U
Under Purpose we put: P
Under Description of Specimens we put:
LIV
One live male Orange-winged Amazon
Hatch date .....

Maybe under hatch date you could put approximately and the year?