• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

ChuChu the African grey needs a new cage!

Tser

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
I am thoroughly owned by ChuChu, a Congo African grey parrot. She is the best parrot in the entire world, of course. I have had her since 1998, when she was just a few months old.

Her favorite past times are destroying things, throwing food on the floor, watching her favorite shows on TV, destroying things, demanding scritchies, eating bananas, imitating beeps and other great noises, destroying things, and being too clever for her own good.

I'm currently in the market for a new cage, which is what brought me to Avian Avenue and all the great threads on the subject here. I'm having a hard time however, as I'm extremely protective of her and nothing seems good enough.

She's been through several cages in the course of her 19+ years. She's currently in a Custom Cages/Cages by Design "hybrid" cage, but I just don't like how difficult it is to clean. I don't think I can ever go back to power coat after having a SS cage -- but ouch oof money. I'll be posting in the cages forum for feedback.

I also have quite a few other pets, including a dog, cats, and reptiles, and I have owned and worked with other birds in the past, including other parrots, raptors, softbills, songbirds, and doves. Birds are best.

Marvel_ous

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trinity
Welcome! African Greys are awesome :tag:
Pretty much my dream bird, but WAY out of my price range. I can't find any for less than 2000$!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Welcome! ChuChu sounds delightful, even with all the destruction :lol:

I know that the highest rated stainless steel cage is by Expandable Habitats. Sometimes they show up on craigslist for a fraction of what they are worth, still in excellent condition!

What size cage are you after, and what is your budget?

Tser

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Thank you for the welcomes!

@CrowCall African greys really are amazing. Though ChuChu was cheap compared to what she's cost me in toys and cages. *lol*

@Mizzely I'm definitely looking into Expandable Habitats. I decided to go ahead and make a thread for my cage discussions here (http://forums.avianavenue.com/index.php?threads/ss-cage-shopping-expandable-habitats.213259/) to outline what I'm looking for in a cage. For size, I want something 4'x3'x5'h up to 4'x4'x7.5', and budget isn't really an issue, it will just take me a long time to save up if I go for an expensive cage.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood