• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Change in my conure behaviour

SasikumarM

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sasikumar M
Hi I'm Sasikumar. I'm a new pineapple conure owner and he is around 5 weeks old and on handfeeding. I have a previous experience of owning budgies. My conure (Coco) was initially a bit noisy. Whenever I used to get him out to hand feed, he will be very noisy. Yesterday while he was trying to get out of the brooder his toe got stuck in a vent, when I tried to get him out it might would have hurt him he got scared a bit, but he was normal later. There are no signs of injury. But since yesterday evening he has been quite, like he is less vocal. I observed his poop as well, but it looked all normal having the white part, the fecal and the urine. I observed his feeding response, he is still very responsive to food. I observed him playing with toys, he is exploring stuffs as well. He is not fluffed up all the time and also there is no sign of discharge anywhere. But the thing which worries me the most is that he is not vocalising much and he is not very active. He looks to be sleepy. I'm not sure if that's a sign of illness and if I should take him to a vet. I'm not aware of conure behaviours. I need advice on what to do next.

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I think you should take the baby to a vet if you observe a big behavior change.

I’m wondering if something could have been dislocated or sprained and the baby is in pain and being quiet because it doesn’t feel good.

if you’re CERTAIN the baby is ok, I suppose you could foregoing that check; but if you were certain you wouldn’t be asking. It may be nothing or you may change this birds development and future if he has a painful less functional leg.

Breeding baby parrots sounds so exciting but this seems to be the bad part. Little kids get into everything and I suppose little parrots do too.

SasikumarM

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sasikumar M
I think you should take the baby to a vet if you observe a big behavior change.

I’m wondering if something could have been dislocated or sprained and the baby is in pain and being quiet because it doesn’t feel good.

if you’re CERTAIN the baby is ok, I suppose you could foregoing that check; but if you were certain you wouldn’t be asking. It may be nothing or you may change this birds development and future if he has a painful less functional leg.

Breeding baby parrots sounds so exciting but this seems to be the bad part. Little kids get into everything and I suppose little parrots do too.
Hey thank you so much for replying. The current update is he is doing good and there is no injury as such. He was completely normal the next morning. I guess he was just scared when that incident happened and was less interested in interacting with me. But after spending some quality time with him, he started going back to normal and yeah he is back with those loud noises : D. He is doing all good, I'm glad it was nothing serious.

Regards

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
:welave:
Hello and welcome!

I'm glad your baby is ok.
Babies can get in trouble quick and going quiet and changes in behavior can be first indication. So it's great you are paying close attention.

Keep us updated! Share a picture too!