• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can anyone identify this mutation?

LoveToki

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Zee
Ive been trying to figure out the sex of this mothers babies. It may be fruitless since I dont know what Dad looked like..but I figured worth a shot. :D Here is Mom-
and her babies (per the breeder) are 2 white faced..one cinnamon pied and one lutino cinnamon.
637BB469-7BCE-47AF-B3F2-6D3151D0CD4F.jpeg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
@Monica is really good with mutations however I am not so sure that you have a clear enough pic or enough information- she will let you know I am sure.

Sherp

Meeting neighbors
Forgive me for not knowing anything just an observer. But bright orange cheeks and a green head! Very Peculiar, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cockatiel with green! :D

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Forgive me for not knowing anything just an observer. But bright orange cheeks and a green head! Very Peculiar, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cockatiel with green! :D
I do not think it is actually green..... I think it is some yellow crest feathers sitting on top of some grey ones giving an appearance of odd colouring :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How old is she? Can you post another pic?

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
If mom is a normal grey split pied and both chicks (which I can't see) are cinnamon, then the those chicks are female. The lutino (if actually lutino) would indeed be female.

Mom is split whiteface, dad must be a carrier of cinnamon (visual?), whiteface and lutino.

LoveToki

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Zee
Thank you!! I went with the cinnamon whiteface pied. She just feels like a female to me, but I guess we will see after she grows up a bit. :heart:
I hope I'm saying the correct mutation names!