• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage help

tinyparrot

Sitting on the front steps
First time poster here. I tried to search for an answer but had no luck, sorry if I missed it! I'm looking for a cage for my budgie that has horizontal bars and I'm having a hard time finding one that isn't tiny and seems sturdy. Wondering if anyone here has recommendations.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Which country are you in?

Lots of Montana cages have horizontal bars. In the USA they have the same cage design but are sold by a different brand.

tinyparrot

Which country are you in?

Lots of Montana cages have horizontal bars. In the USA they have the same cage design but are sold by a different brand.
I live in the US. It may be A&E cage company here. They do have some cages with horizontal bars, but I found that either the bar spacing was wrong for bigger cages or the cage was too small. They have flight cages but the ones I saw had vertical bars and my budgie likes to climb. I could have overlooked a couple of options possibly. Thank you for the recommendation and just let me know if it's a different company than A&E in the US

tinyparrot

IQ's Human

Strolling the yard
Real Name
CJ
I'm unfamiliar with this brand, as I'm not a parakeet owner but it does have horizontal bars and gets good reviews at Amazon. 4.4 stars, over 5,000 reviews.

The only size available is the tall model, but there does seem to be a standard size just not available at Amazon.
Dimensions24.6"L x 15.6"W x 34.3"H

tinyparrot

I'm unfamiliar with this brand, as I'm not a parakeet owner but it does have horizontal bars and gets good reviews at Amazon. 4.4 stars, over 5,000 reviews.

The only size available is the tall model, but there does seem to be a standard size just not available at Amazon.
Dimensions24.6"L x 15.6"W x 34.3"H

This would be pretty much perfect if it was wider from front to back. I'm going to see if the brand offers anything similar and try to compare it with the suggestion below yours. Thank you so much for the recommendation! I'm heading in the right direction

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
This could be the perfect one. The price seems good too. I really appreciate your help.
Yes I saw it after I bought the A&E one with vertical bars... Luckily my linnie doesn't seem to mind but I kinda wish I had this one instead!