• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie Vlog? Interest Check?

Reggie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Reggie
(I looked all around the website and this seemed to be the best place to post this, and I apologize if it's not!)
So I think the fine people of this forum can appreciate the level of crazy and obsessed that I am about my birds. I'm planning on building my life/career around them, talk about them nonstop (I'm known as the "crazy bird girl"), and spend almost all of my time doting on them/playing with them. Since I'm already neck-deep in obsession, why should I stop now? Right? Right.
I'm also mildly obsessed with the idea of YouTube and its content creators, such as a wonderful lady whose channel name is Piggiepigpigs. She vlogs about guinea pigs, and guinea pig care, and miscellaneous stuff like that, and I want to do that. I want to create a budgie/bird care vlog that's not just a series of informational videos. I want to show people what it's really like to care for and live with birds. I have a whole bunch of fun videos planned out (and I'm going to a whole slew of bird shows after the first of the year), and I'd be uploading weekly (if I can). I just wanted to see if anyone on here would watch that? Specifically those who own budgies?
I'd appreciate any and all feedback I can get about this project, and maybe some cool ideas if anyone has some!

Jamy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jamy
I will most definitely be interested you have at least one subscriber lol.

Reggie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Reggie
That's great to know haha, thank you! Here's the link to my YouTube channel. My trailer for what my bird vlog is going to be about will be up sometime this next week! :)

hoot

Meeting neighbors
I'd watch it too, though I tend to forget about these things a lot. I'll be the binge watcher every few weeks to catch up on what I missed.

dwright27

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dawn
I'd watch it :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I re homed my birds and now birdless. I love budgies so I subscribed to your channel. thanks

Distaff

Real Name
Mary
I subscribe to and watch numerous animal/greenhouse/farming YouTube channels. As far as advice, keep it simple, but have decent camera work and sound. There is enough out there already, that if a video is hard to watch, I move on immediately to something else.

Not sure how the YouTube business model works, so no ideas on how to structure that in order to make a living from it.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I have a whole bunch of fun videos planned out (and I'm going to a whole slew of bird shows after the first of the year)

It's a fabulous idea except for this. Maybe you just don't know yet but once you've gone to some of these shows you will discover it's not a very happy or nice place to see birds in small cages crammed together for sale looking very scared and ragged. It's not what you think.

allie136

Strolling the yard
I've watched a few video's from a lady with 2 pet budgies on youtube, very sweet. There are people already doing it but they do get watched. I would check yours out too especially if educational info/advice in them :)

dwright27

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dawn
It's a fabulous idea except for this. Maybe you just don't know yet but once you've gone to some of these shows you will discover it's not a very happy or nice place to see birds in small cages crammed together for sale looking very scared and ragged. It's not what you think.
Those cages are only meant for travel though, aren't they? Surely these birds aren't kept like that on a daily basis... Maybe I'm just hoping though.