My budgie was flying and fell into a bucket of floor detergent. I got it out immediately and washed it with warm water, it is now keeping warm and resting. What should I do next, my nearest vet is a hours away.
If the detergent was somehing like bleach, or if the bird was completely submerged under the water you would need to go to the vet.
If it was just dawn or fairy, and the bird didn´t go under the water completely a good rinse in clean water and keeping them warm and calm until they dry is usually sufficient.