• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Broken or Injured Wing?!?

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I have a green cheek conure and shes a sweetheart and she is very bonded to me even though I have only had her for 10 days. She is clipped, but she still manages to always fly very well and always flies onto me. One day, I noticed she isnt as active, or flighty and is more fluffed up throughout the day. I noticed that one of her wings were also lower than the other (pictures below). I don’t think the wing is broken as she still moves and stretches it but I am scared. I think either she fell of a perch or hit her wing onto something that is causing this issue. I am going take it to an avian vet within one to two days and this has been going on for one to two days. Is her wing broken? Is it sprained? Please I just need to know its nothing too serious and curable! View attachment 300149 View attachment 300153 View attachment 300154
It's dropping that wing on left side, time for vet....and check keel while there, it can bruise muscles associate with wings.