• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Bosco Updates

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Is that better than tops?
Better is subjective. Depends on what your bird eats, does well on, fits your budget and values. For me, that's Harrison's. I need a higher amount of supplemented D3 in my pellets than TOPS provides.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
So April and I were talking yesterday about the boys and we agreed to see how they do when both cages are open for the day. I have been nervous to try due to past experiences with a Hahns and Green Cheek that didn't get along, but we reasoned that Bosco is a lot faster than Ripley if they somehow did get close :lol:

So all day besides a bit where I had to leave the house, they have both had free range of the living room. How did they use their time?

Well, Ripley likes a midday snooze on his heated perch, so from about 11-1 he was there while Bosco zoomed around the living room. Then they both chilled in their cage for a while, after which I closed them due to needing to leave. I opened cages when I got back, and Ripley came out immediately, and Bosco decided home was fine.

They both just now were eating in their cages, though I see Bosco sitting at the door frame while Ripley chews on a toy on his cage bottom, so maybe he will come back out?

Basically....they took turns like they usually have to, without me having to do anything to facilitate that :rofl:

Blissfully and speechlessly anticlimactic. I guess we will see how this progresses! Though I will have my mom's dog here for a week starting tomorrow, so their out time is going to be limited quite a bit.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So April and I were talking yesterday about the boys and we agreed to see how they do when both cages are open for the day. I have been nervous to try due to past experiences with a Hahns and Green Cheek that didn't get along, but we reasoned that Bosco is a lot faster than Ripley if they somehow did get close :lol:

So all day besides a bit where I had to leave the house, they have both had free range of the living room. How did they use their time?

Well, Ripley likes a midday snooze on his heated perch, so from about 11-1 he was there while Bosco zoomed around the living room. Then they both chilled in their cage for a while, after which I closed them due to needing to leave. I opened cages when I got back, and Ripley came out immediately, and Bosco decided home was fine.

They both just now were eating in their cages, though I see Bosco sitting at the door frame while Ripley chews on a toy on his cage bottom, so maybe he will come back out?

Basically....they took turns like they usually have to, without me having to do anything to facilitate that :rofl:

Blissfully and speechlessly anticlimactic. I guess we will see how this progresses! Though I will have my mom's dog here for a week starting tomorrow, so their out time is going to be limited quite a bit.
I'm just so excited that it went so smoothly! I know it's subject to change but with both of their personalities and flying abilities I really think this could be a permanent thing and would be so nice if they could both be more free range together and maybe feel more "flocky" if that makes sense.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
That is very exciting! Yay!!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma

Haha they have obviously learnt the routine of sharing the time out

well I hope it keep going well and you can have them both out together

is so much easier than having separate time out

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Haha they have obviously learnt the routine of sharing the time out

well I hope it keep going well and you can have them both out together

is so much easier than having separate time out
Absolutely it is! I remember having to do so much juggling with Gizmo and Koopa, but they were very much Girl Boss energy and didn't mesh well lol

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Absolutely it is! I remember having to do so much juggling with Gizmo and Koopa, but they were very much Girl Boss energy and didn't mesh well lol
It’s so hard balancing when the don’t get on isn’t

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My Bonus Dog went home on Sunday, and the boys have had both of their cages open from sun up to sun down every single day since! They still are taking turns being out :lol: But Bosco has gotten to fly a lot more which he loves :)

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
My Bonus Dog went home on Sunday, and the boys have had both of their cages open from sun up to sun down every single day since! They still are taking turns being out :lol: But Bosco has gotten to fly a lot more which he loves :)
Love how they are still taking it in turns

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Usually Bosco eats first; today he decided a pre-breakfast flight was in order :) My hope is that he gets more confident, but not too brave when it comes to Ripley ;)

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Super bold move, there, Bosco! It's OK to share, Ripley, lol!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Is he even in there :p he is so tiny, and thst huge multiplex ! I looked I couldn't find him!
It's practically an aviary!!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Is he even in there :p he is so tiny, and thst huge multiplex ! I looked I couldn't find him!
It's practically an aviary!!
He was hiding in the back so it probably is impossible to see him!!

Here's another photo where you can see him in the bottom left (eating, of course) ;) PXL_20240221_015649246~2.jpg

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
He was hiding in the back so it probably is impossible to see him!!

Here's another photo where you can see him in the bottom left (eating, of course) ;) View attachment 442981
I wish my birds could have this ratio to body size cage ! What a lucky boy

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I wish my birds could have this ratio to body size cage ! What a lucky boy
It's something I wish I could give to Ripley too, but he would struggle to get around I think! His cage is rarely closed though so I think it is okay. Bosco has had an open door policy every day lately too, so he gets a lot of fly time outside also :)