• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Bosco Updates

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I keep April updated personally of course, but I know many of you want updates on how Bosco is doing here at Lil Monsters HQ, too! (Backstory here if you missed it!)

So far, he's been dutifully eating Harrison's, his veggie mix, and sprouts, but so far hasn't been interested in the bird bread and other things I add. Not even a nutriberry! :eek:

He's been picking at his toys with the tiniest of nibbles, and beating up a noisy toy I put in there with him.

He's seemingly annoyed that Ripley won't talk back to him; the only times I've heard him screech above a whisper are at breakfast time when he joins in with Ripley's noise, and when Ripley is nearby (but unable to reach him) and totally ignoring him :rofl:

He makes the cutest little laser noises, "budgie" chatter, and mostly just keeps to himself so far!

He lets me talk to him through the cage bars; first day in the new cage he was not into it haha ;)

I did find one of his clipped primaries on the floor of his cage though, so hopefully he will be able to fly (or the linnie version of it :lol:) soon, so I can try and let him out on the ropes course. I just don't want him to fall and hurt himself!

And now, a few photos!

PXL_20230404_000131716.jpg PXL_20230402_161512284.MP.jpg

You can see Bosco at the top of the cage just staring at Ripley :lol:

PXL_20230402_141144212.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I keep April updated personally of course, but I know many of you want updates on how Bosco is doing here at Lil Monsters HQ, too! (Backstory here if you missed it!)

So far, he's been dutifully eating Harrison's, his veggie mix, and sprouts, but so far hasn't been interested in the bird bread and other things I add. Not even a nutriberry! :eek:

He's been picking at his toys with the tiniest of nibbles, and beating up a noisy toy I put in there with him.

He's seemingly annoyed that Ripley won't talk back to him; the only times I've heard him screech above a whisper are at breakfast time when he joins in with Ripley's noise, and when Ripley is nearby (but unable to reach him) and totally ignoring him :rofl:

He makes the cutest little laser noises, "budgie" chatter, and mostly just keeps to himself so far!

He lets me talk to him through the cage bars; first day in the new cage he was not into it haha ;)

I did find one of his clipped primaries on the floor of his cage though, so hopefully he will be able to fly (or the linnie version of it :lol:) soon, so I can try and let him out on the ropes course. I just don't want him to fall and hurt himself!

And now, a few photos!

View attachment 426583 View attachment 426584

You can see Bosco at the top of the cage just staring at Ripley :lol:

View attachment 426585
Aww look at hims! Hello my sweet boy,I'm so thrilled that your eating some yummy sprouts but you've gotta try the nutriberries and birdie bread I know you'll love them.
I miss you so much Bosco but I'm so happy that you're settling in well :heart:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Probably won't work with a tiny bird like him but for Lurch I used to tease him with new food and he'd get pissy and bite it. Next thing you know he'd be crunching at whatever got into his beak and be like can I have another bite? and take it very nicely...

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Probably won't work with a tiny bird like him but for Lurch I used to tease him with new food and he'd get pissy and bite it. Next thing you know he'd be crunching at whatever got into his beak and be like can I have another bite? and take it very nicely...
Maybe when he gets more confident! Right now I think he would bolt like lightning :lol: It's only been a few days; I'm not in a rush :)

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I'm totally fascinated with Bosco! And with Linnies now. I'm glad you've started a thread for him.

They are the epitomy of pixie parrots after all! :heart2: I've even been toying with the idea after my elderly? Not elderly ? budgie have lived out their full lives .....if/permitting/researching/ needing homes ones come along.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm totally fascinated with Bosco! And with Linnies now. I'm glad you've started a thread for him.

They are the epitomy of pixie parrots after all! :heart2: I've even been toying with the idea after my elderly? Not elderly ? budgie have lived out their full lives .....if/permitting/researching/ needing homes ones come along.
Yeah I've known about them for a few years now but I've never even seen one in person! And sort of fell in love with the species as April shared updates about him with me. I can see why they are popular :)

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Yeah I've known about them for a few years now but I've never even seen one in person! And sort of fell in love with the species as April shared updates about him with me. I can see why they are popular :)
SAME!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
He is so cute. Glad he is settling in well.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutie pie!

Secret and MC weren't thrilled with nutriberries either. ... then I found the senior ones!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Cutie pie!

Secret and MC weren't thrilled with nutriberries either. ... then I found the senior ones!
I tried the classic parakeet ones. I bet if I tried the tropical fruit he'd realize I was holding out on him :lol:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
He is the cutest little thing ever :heart:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

I can't recommend them enough. He's absolutely perfect,tiny but not too tiny so a single flight cage is truly a mansion for him,he was a wonderful eater from day one,quiet as a church mouse which was a necessity for me with my noise sensitivity and most importantly so freaking precious! I just can't get over his sweet little face and spotted body.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I think the thing weirdest adjustment for me with Bosco is how he doesn't need me yet :lol: that All my other birds needed something right away. Jingo and Koopa both needed new diets. Gizmo needed a quieter home and someone with patience. Bobber was completely untamed and needed a home with other small birds. Ripley needed medical attention and a completely new life.

Bosco was on a good diet, in a great home, healthy, spoiled. I can still work on taming him and diversifying his diet, but those aren't strictly necessary things. Overall he is just already where I would want him to be and there's no sense of urgency. I'm not used to birds being so near perfect out the gate!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think the thing weirdest adjustment for me with Bosco is how he doesn't need me yet :lol: that All my other birds needed something right away. Jingo and Koopa both needed new diets. Gizmo needed a quieter home and someone with patience. Bobber was completely untamed and needed a home with other small birds. Ripley needed medical attention and a completely new life.

Bosco was on a good diet, in a great home, healthy, spoiled. I can still work on taming him and diversifying his diet, but those aren't strictly necessary things. Overall he is just already where I would want him to be and there's no sense of urgency. I'm not used to birds being so near perfect out the gate!
Geesh flattery me why don't ya ;)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Bosco's been playing a lot more today. :heart: Heard some pine being chipped at, some cork bark has a tiny dent in it, and he investigated the Tiki Nook.

Img_2023_04_04_10_47_09.jpeg

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I did find one of his clipped primaries on the floor of his cage thouegh, so hopefully he will be able to fly (or the linnie version of it :lol:)
Hey! Gigi says Linnies can fly! But seriously although they seem to be a heavy body bird, Gigi can fly well. She does loops around the family room and can fly, soaking wet, from the bathroom back to her cage! When on @Matto 's recommendation I removed the boing from the center of the cage, Gigi began to fly inside of her cage and does it daily. And Dori! My Linnie from a few years back was such an accurate flyer that she could actually fly a loop UNDER the coffee table!

I'm so very sorry April. I'm sure you are heartbroken, but what a happy ending that your sweetie has landed with such a wonderful Mama, Shawna. Hugs to you both!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Hey! Gigi says Linnies can fly! But seriously although they seem to be a heavy body bird, Gigi can fly well. She does loops around the family room and can fly, soaking wet, from the bathroom back to her cage! When on @Matto 's recommendation I removed the boing from the center of the cage, Gigi began to fly inside of her cage and does it daily. And Dori! My Linnie from a few years back was such an accurate flyer that she could actually fly a loop UNDER the coffee table!

I'm so very sorry April. I'm sure you are heartbroken, but what a happy ending that your sweetie has landed with such a wonderful Mama, Shawna. Hugs to you both!
The pet shop April got him from gave him an awful clip, so he basically just falls. Good to know they can fly though :)

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

I'm definitely sad that I'll never get to see Bosco fly in person I was so overjoyed to find several of his clipped flights in the time I had him knowing that every day he was getting closer to flying.
Thank you so much,I really appreciate it.