• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Bosco Updates

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm not sure to be honest :lol: That was one of the toys @April sent home with him. He does chew quite a bit though! Chips at 1/8" pine, balsa blocks, paper rope, palm stars, mahogany pods, strips bark off perches... It takes him a while but he gets there!
Yup that was all him! It was untouched when I gave it too him and he happily made it rain pink confetti many days lol.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Got an easier set up to cover Ripley while Bosco is out. Mosquito netting meant to go over a bed; worked out really well!

PXL_20230627_163729109~2.jpg

Bosco is really enjoying coming out :) Today he flew into the kitchen before heading back to the living room.

PXL_20230627_164800295~2.jpg

And he's enjoying hanging upside down on the atom :lol:

PXL_20230627_173239742~2.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Bosco continues to be spoiled by his mama. :loveshower: She sent me the King's aluminum carrier, as well as the Java tree I know she's had for a very long time. His orb fits in it perfectly and I'm so excited to let him explore it tomorrow!

I will say the amount of bubble wrap on this Java tree was epic. You know that game, gift, whatever, where someone wraps a $100 bill in saran wrap and duct tape? It was a lot like that :rofl:

Thank you for continuing to spoil us @April :heart2:

PXL_20230914_000904824.jpg PXL_20230913_235254941.jpg

He has been getting a lot of our time lately because Ripley got a Uline catalog and won't leave his cage until it's all shredded anyways ;)

Still a super good eater, becoming a great flier, and is getting a little less shy. I can come talk to him without him running to the back of the cage at least!

IMG_20230911_152733_729.jpg

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bosco continues to be spoiled by his mama. :loveshower: She sent me the King's aluminum carrier, as well as the Java tree I know she's had for a very long time. His orb fits in it perfectly and I'm so excited to let him explore it tomorrow!

I will say the amount of bubble wrap on this Java tree was epic. You know that game, gift, whatever, where someone wraps a $100 bill in saran wrap and duct tape? It was a lot like that :rofl:

Thank you for continuing to spoil us @April :heart2:

View attachment 434235 View attachment 434236

He has been getting a lot of our time lately because Ripley got a Uline catalog and won't leave his cage until it's all shredded anyways ;)

Still a super good eater, becoming a great flier, and is getting a little less shy. I can come talk to him without him running to the back of the cage at least!

View attachment 434237
I'm just so glad they both made it there safely. I'm pleased to see the fella that was helping me really took to heart my concerns about the tree especially getting damaged and really padded it well.
I do apologize for it taking me so long to get them to you. It was just really hard to be able to let the tree go because Nala loved it so much and I have so many memories of her playing on it that it just was difficult to imagine not having it here with me anymore.
But my brain finally won out over my heart and I realized that it wasn't doing any good to dwell on the past by staring at it wishing that Nala was still here to use it when Bosco is in the here and now and needs it more.

I greatly look forward to seeing him playing on the tree and hopefully in the future in the travel cage soaking up the sun .

Thanks as always for being so understanding :heart:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
You have nothing to apologize for. You have been so amazing to Bosco and to me :) You could have sold these or donated them or something and not paid a penny to do so, but the fact that you decided to send them to us is just further proof of your gigantic heart :hug2:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You have nothing to apologize for. You have been so amazing to Bosco and to me :) You could have sold these or donated them or something and not paid a penny to do so, but the fact that you decided to send them to us is just further proof of your gigantic heart :hug2:
Oh gosh no I'd have never! My mom did keep encouraging me to do so which was disappointing I must say but I just had to wait until my heart was ready to say goodbye.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh gosh no I'd have never! My mom did keep encouraging me to do so which was disappointing I must say but I just had to wait until my heart was ready to say goodbye.
I totally understand :heart:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I just had to wait until my heart was ready to say goodbye.
Your words are powerful.

I never thought about it like this but I guess it's true for me too.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
The only reason Nerd and Lurches original tiny cage is no longer here is the neighbors had a homeless friend staying in their driveway in his car. One day I saw a bedraggled pigeon trying to walk across the fence and having a bad time. I went out to see what was up and eventually the guy said he had rescued it from the street and made a pen for him and was feeding him so he could rest and get better. I gave him their old cage so he couldn't escape again and heal up. The understanding was when he was done to drop it back under the car port. He and the bird disappeared one day so hopefully the bird was ok and he found a safe place to live. Nerds cage hopefully ended up with someone who needed it and it was one of the last things associated with my two parrot friends. Dobby lives in the much nicer cage I got for Lurch a few years before he escaped but Lurch would always go sit on top of the old cage like a long lost friend till I finally packed it up and put it in the shed.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Both the boys appreciate April's generosity :) Though Ripley keeps trying to chew it so he doesn't get it often :lol:

PXL_20230921_154048499~2.jpg PXL_20230918_224429092.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
They are so gorgeous

I really want one are they good
The Java tree? Oh yes! Lots of different widths for healthy feet all in one spot :)

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
The Java tree? Oh yes! Lots of different widths for healthy feet all in one spot :)
Yes I am going to have to invest I think unless @April as a spare one she wants to send me too haha :lol:only joking
They do look to be loving it

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes I am going to have to invest I think unless @April as a spare one she wants to send me too haha :lol:only joking
They do look to be loving it
I highly recommend getting one! Definitely one of the best parrot related purchases I've ever made. It's a hefty initial investment but so worth it.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I highly recommend getting one! Definitely one of the best parrot related purchases I've ever made. It's a hefty initial investment but so worth it.
Do you know what size you got April I’ve seen some for £40/60 that I am thinking about that size well more the £60 ones

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you know what size you got April I’ve seen some for £40/60 that I am thinking about that size well more the £60 ones
I believe on the King's site it was called Small tabletop playstand. It's been many years but I think I paid about $250 for it.

hassanrsd

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Hassan
If we talk about the Buzz about native Bees beyond Honeybees, so honeybees often steal the limelight when it comes to pollination, native bees play an equally vital role in ecosystems and agriculture. Native bees, including bumblebees, mason bees, and many more, are indispensable pollinators that are adapted to local plant species. Unlike honeybees, which were introduced to North America from Europe, native bees have co-evolved with native flora, making them efficient and specialized pollinators for regional ecosystems. They contribute significantly to crop pollination, ensuring the production of fruits, vegetables, and wildflowers. Additionally, native bees are often more resilient in the face of environmental challenges like climate change and pesticide exposure. Recognizing the importance of native bees and their conservation is not only crucial for biodiversity but also for sustaining global food production and the health of our ecosystems.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
If we talk about the Buzz about native Bees beyond Honeybees, so honeybees often steal the limelight when it comes to pollination, native bees play an equally vital role in ecosystems and agriculture. Native bees, including bumblebees, mason bees, and many more, are indispensable pollinators that are adapted to local plant species. Unlike honeybees, which were introduced to North America from Europe, native bees have co-evolved with native flora, making them efficient and specialized pollinators for regional ecosystems. They contribute significantly to crop pollination, ensuring the production of fruits, vegetables, and wildflowers. Additionally, native bees are often more resilient in the face of environmental challenges like climate change and pesticide exposure. Recognizing the importance of native bees and their conservation is not only crucial for biodiversity but also for sustaining global food production and the health of our ecosystems.
True... But are you possibly replying to the wrong post?