• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Blue and Gold McCaw Sick..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrotlove

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Barbie
Ok I just woke and this is the first thread I am checking in on. Looking at all the updates and hoping for more later today. Cavin please give that sweet lil baby hugs from Isis and I as I want you to know we said prayers for him last night! Hug's Barbie and Isis

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I somehow missed this one but was checking in to see how he was this morning.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Good morning Cavin,
Hope a little rest last night helped Stitch feel better. Can't add any more suggestions, but hope you find a vet today that knows a feather from a furball.

I'll be thinking of the three of you and checking in on the thread today for updates.
ML

cavinriddle

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cavin
Well his is improving a little more this morning. He drank more this morning and he stayed under the heat lamp all nite. He still is holding his head up but looks to be wanting to keep his eyes closed also. Still not enough improvement..

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Cavin I am glad he doesnt seem worse, but he isnt getting better. He needs to see a vet..soon, today. :hug8:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Sorry that Stitch isn't feeling much better this morning. Have you tried to get some warm cereal into him? Poor baby, I feel so sorry for him.
ML

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Oh my! That isn't good. Cavin if I can be of any assistance with your vet please PM me. I will not be here long today, as I am going to my family's, but I honestly think you are in a fight for Stitch's life. He cannot continue along this path. Have you looked in his mouth? Have you tried to hand feed him? Time is seriously of the essence. He is counting on you to help him. At this point we don't know if he is pain, if he has something stuck in his crop, if he has an infection etc. Poor baby is suffering and needs help.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Hi Cavin,

Here is some information that I hope will help.

Shoal Creek Animal Hospital
Lawrenceburg Animal Hospital do not see birds

Northside Animal Hospital mainly does maintence on nails, beaks, but does not have an avian vet and the vet is not in today.

Good news is All Animal Veterinary Hospital does see birds.
All Animal Veterinary Hospital
818 North Military Street
Loretto, TN
931-853-7127

Vet isn't in, but will come in for emergencies. Dr. Hammond 931-852-4832. This is his home number. I called, but I did not leave a message, as I think it needs to come from you.

I think it is important that you call him and try to get your baby seen. I will pay for the visit. I have pm'ed you my phone number and I will have it on me until church tonight at 7p.m Please accept the help and recognize the importance of the visit. I cannot stand the thoughts of this poor baby suffering.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Tracie, you are an angel.
Cavin if you see Tracie's post, please accept her help. It's Xmas and it will make her feel good too. It's all about Stitch, your buddy.
ML

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Hi Cavin,

Here is some information that I hope will help.

Shoal Creek Animal Hospital
Lawrenceburg Animal Hospital do not see birds

Northside Animal Hospital mainly does maintence on nails, beaks, but does not have an avian vet and the vet is not in today.

Good news is All Animal Veterinary Hospital does see birds.
All Animal Veterinary Hospital
818 North Military Street
Loretto, TN
931-853-7127

Vet isn't in, but will come in for emergencies. Dr. Hammond 931-852-4832. This is his home number. I called, but I did not leave a message, as I think it needs to come from you.

I think it is important that you call him and try to get your baby seen. I will pay for the visit. I have pm'ed you my phone number and I will have it on me until church tonight at 7p.m Please accept the help and recognize the importance of the visit. I cannot stand the thoughts of this poor baby suffering.
Tracie, you are a Christmas Angel for Stitch and his family.

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
....I'm of no more help, but just checking in and praying for Stitch :hug8:

WingedVictory

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
Calvin hope Stitch continues to improve. Stitch needs a vet visit as soon as possible as this is a very long weekend.

Please keep us updated.

gary

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Bless you Tracie! Have you heard from Cavin? Praying for Stitch.

WingedVictory

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
Thank you Trace! Your offer of help is a very nice Christmas gift...........................

gary

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Hi All,

I have not heard from Cavin. I am about to leave to make the trip to my family's for Christmas Eve. I am available by phone, I will even leave it on vibrate during church. Cavin, please call and make an appointment. Your baby has a slim chance of making it till Monday, by what you are describing. I hope to hear from you.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Ashley

Real Name
Ashley
I havent heard from Cavin either today but hopefully will be able to get a hold of him soon. Am praying for Stitch and I know that vet very well and he is a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.