• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird bite photos (Warning ~ Graphic)

Birdzee

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Maddie
Every bite and I do mean every bite goes back to human error.

I agree with this totally..
Every bite I get is because I was doing something wrong..

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
In all the years I've worked in the animal industry there is one true lesson I've learned. Every bite and I do mean every bite goes back to human error. Doesn't matter if its a dog bite, a tiger bite or a bird bite.
I am going to have to disagree here. I understand what you are saying, but when I'm just walking at the rescue and a bird flies at my face and bites me, I have a hard time believing that that was my fault.

Robin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
:omg:Wow, I feel lucky after seeing these bites.
All I've had so far are scratches compared to these, and I thought they were bad enough. :eek:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
in all the years i've worked in the animal industry there is one true lesson i've learned. Every bite and i do mean every bite goes back to human error. Doesn't matter if its a dog bite, a tiger bite or a bird bite.

truer words were never spoken it was me to blame not mango i was wrong the way i tryed to get him and wasnt looking at him

Itsr2r

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tracy
I am going to have to disagree here. I understand what you are saying, but when I'm just walking at the rescue and a bird flies at my face and bites me, I have a hard time believing that that was my fault.
But it was.

Sounds like you were walking in his perceived territory. He was protecting his turf.

I don't mean that fault is due to neglect, abuse. stupidity or any other derogatory means, please don't take it personally.

A lot of "faults" is due to lack of knowledge. A lot of "fault" is due to lack of focus. A lot of "fault" is due to _________ ...

Animals don't attack for no reason.

ingrid

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ingrid
John,

everytime I see these pictures I just cringe..

Hey look at it this way....your loved:hehe:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

luvconique

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jeni
I've been bitten by everything from budgies to big Macaws... but the worst bite I ever got was from a BH Caique breeder. He managed to get his beak in lightning fast and wedge it into the bone at the join of the wrist, then thrashed like a shark. Weirdest thing was it didn't hurt. Ever.

I'll second the BH caique bites. :omg: They are like rabid dogs sometimes. I've been bitten about 4 times since I got Nokomis. It felt like he broke by thumb on the last one.

Boy, they bite down and grind away, at the same time shaking their head furiously.

Didn't think to take a pic. Still have the scars. I was walking from one room to another with Nokomis, and right then my son and dog came through another door. Nokomis got startled and really took it out on me!

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
OMG Tracey that bite was awful! Johns and Danitas as well...omg. I remember when that happened Danita. Everytime i hear that that bird didnt let go, i get a sick feeling in my stomach.

Ive gotten some good bites from Mika, but nothing to write a book about. I will say my hand was pretty sore the first day he came back! But like that macaw Danita, Mika hates everyone but me. If Eric gets too close, •••• attack me. So if he has to pass me or do something, •••• usually warn me. Either ill move, or ill turn my back to Eric and hold Mika against my chest so he cant see him

Hendryx

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridie
When a rescue bird flys at your face and attacks, he is remembering something horrible from his past,maybe even something you were doing reminded him..there is always a reason..it may not be your fault,but it is somebodys..:hug8:

jim

Real Name
Jim
this is the only one I've taken a picture of. We was playin'. She got my nose in her beak and slowly bit down. lol Bless her heart. She won that round.
Birds bite each other, why wouldn't they bite us too? I don't think it's all that complicated myself. Parrots bite. Some more then others. Many may be the reasons. But unlike us silly humans who have/are attempting to abolish the physical act of showing ones fear, excitement, anger....... the rest of the animal kingdom still does. And they don't care about our reasoning and laws. lol
Zoey has, my Senegal, has taken to attacking my wife (who wouldn't let me get a pic of the chunk Zoey took out) for no reason other then she is there. Even if I'm not in the room. Jealous little girl Zoey is.
Sophie shredded my right index finger and the back of my right hand once. It was one I had to take for the team you know? Her foot was stuck in a string in her cage and I had to get her undone. I imagine I should have done the smart thing and get stitches but oh well. lol
I call Sophie bites her "smiles" now because that is what they look like. A red lipped smile. hehe

Hendryx

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridie
It is you Jim!! lol..I can tell that nose anywhere!! how are your fids doing??

jim

Real Name
Jim

they are all doing really well. Thank you. Cricket had a miss hap almost a month ago, flew to floor then ran under my foot, and he flew the first time since then tonight! So we are happy campers!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
:D I also recognize that beak!!! Really glad you joined us Jim. We need a little more testosterone around here. :hug8:

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
I'm new to birds ...So I hope to never be able to post about my bites:rofl::rofl:

I had a love tap when I returned from vacation but no bruising or skin tearing since I had a sweater on:dancing:
But you all know how it goes....sooner or later ,I'm going to learn a lesson:D

cnmngrl

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jo
Umbrella Cockatoo. Hormonal male in his prime and on the hunt (Just under 900 grams). Most of them happened early on when he still had lots of baggage he was carrying around and I was not as good at reading him.
How many of you that received serious bites were from a re-homed bird? I haven't received anything like that. I do however, know the circumstance under which I will most likely be bitten. I will have one bird on my shoulder and another bird will pass by, I'll pass by her...it will be jealousy! I have no worries about any of my birds one on one. But they are all very jealous. My hardest bites are from my Meyer's when near another bird. OUCH!