• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird bite photos (Warning ~ Graphic)

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
What type of bird bit you guys?
Female hormonal Umbrella cockatoo. Bit right through my top lip clear through to the bottom inside lip. Then also bit my 16 yr old daughter in the cheek and went deep. There was blood everywhere. Very scary to walk in on!

Hendryx

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridie
I have been bitten from everything from budgie to macaw..There are only 2 birds in my opinion that can feel worse than any pain ever felt from a bird bite..those 2 birds are..an umbrella too and a greenwing macaw..I will never forget the pain I felt..not ever! sends shivers down my spine just typing about it.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
The bite that Danita received from Jo is the worse I'ver ever seen. I was horrified by it and I've had some serious bites from Hank. I've never taken pictures of them, but I should have had stitches more than once (I don't go to Dr.s unless I am dragged). John's bites from his Toos aren't anything to sniff at. BF has also received some serious injuries from her macaws.

For those who say you are supposed to just stand there and pretend nothing is happening, I dare you to stick your finger in a cranked up GW's beak. Guarantee it's nothng like a smaller bird's nip.
ML

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
The bite that Danita received from Jo is the worse I'ver ever seen. I was horrified by it and I've had some serious bites from Hank. I've never taken pictures of them, but I should have had stitches more than once (I don't go to Dr.s unless I am dragged). John's bites from his Toos aren't anything to sniff at. BF has also received some serious injuries from her macaws.

For those who say you are supposed to just stand there and pretend nothing is happening, I dare you to stick your finger in a cranked up GW's beak. Guarantee it's nothng like a smaller bird's nip.
ML
Yup. That bite Danita got is one of the nastiest ones I've seen too.

I also agree with ML. Try not reacting when you can feel the beak sinking deeper and deeper into your flesh and starting to hit bone. :omg:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I got a pretty good one from Harper today (good in terms of parrotlet bites :p). It's right on my knuckle, so it hurts when I bend my finger.
Notice Maddie's foot in the pic too. LOL I had to darken it a bit to be able to see it. My skin is too white for the camera. :hehe:
PS. Ignore my dirty finger nails.

Attachments

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Don't have any pictures atm, but even cute little budgies can break skin. Oddly, they tend to look kinda like tiny 'too bites. I had a nice stabbity and crescent in my hand for a week or two when I didn't get my hand out of a angry girl budgie's way quickly enough.

I'm happy that Jasper's yet to really nail me since I brought him home. Worst so far was just oozing a little.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I got a pretty good one from Harper today (good in terms of parrotlet bites :p). It's right on my knuckle, so it hurts when I bend my finger.
Notice Maddie's foot in the pic too. LOL I had to darken it a bit to be able to see it. My skin is too white for the camera. :hehe:
PS. Ignore my dirty finger nails.
Ouchy!!! I hate knuckle bites the worst. I use my hands to make a living. I need those knuckles to keep my men in line when they slack off!!! :D

Djuna

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Debbie
My sun conure is a little stinker. He has made me bleed a few times but generally he does the bite and twist motion so I end up with bruises that look suspiciously like my husband has been beating me up :huh:

Sometimes I wonder what people at work think..."Of course your bird bit you, we understand"

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
My sun conure is a little stinker. He has made me bleed a few times but generally he does the bite and twist motion so I end up with bruises that look suspiciously like my husband has been beating me up :huh:

Sometimes I wonder what people at work think..."Of course your bird bit you, we understand"
:hehe::hehe: When people see my injuries, I tell them the wife has been beating me up again. They believe that. Easier than telling them the truth!! :)

M

M.C Bird Rescue

:hehe::hehe: When people see my injuries, I tell them the wife has been beating me up again. They believe that. Easier than telling them the truth!! :)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was bitten severely by a Grand Ekkie male, I was wearing 2 shirts and a sweater (thankfully) and he nailed me right on the forearm. I worked at a hospital at the time. People kept asking me if I was OK at home. It looked my I was man handled..Plus I had bites from other birds on my hands. People actually thought I was being abused. I cracked up...if anyones doing the abusing its me. hahahahahahaha

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I always have bites, scratches, and bruises. Nobody has ever said anything, but I bet they are wondering. Actually I did have one repeat customer ask about them once, when I told him I volunteer at a parrot rescue, he said "you should pull your hand out quicker when you are feeding them". He didn't realize that parrots have to be let out of their cages!

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
When I first brought Chico home almost six years ago I looked like a drug user, lol. Chico was eight months old when I got him and he was still in the beaky stage (his former owners had never showed him how acceptable beak on skin was as he was getting older) and he had this horrible habit of biting (well, more like taking small bits of skin on the back of my hands and forearm and pinching) small places until I had quarter size black and bue marks everywhere. We finally grew out of that stage, but not without alot of accusing looks.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Well he got me ,,lol i have a street persone sleeping over night and mango knows him from summer time and was on his shoulder i was on phone and john was going to store i reached out to get mango wasnt looking and wham bled like the falls
none stop and i use hot hot water for dishes so hoping it dosent start up again lol

Attachments

Itsr2r

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tracy
I few months ago I got the worst bite I've had in over 20 years of bird keeping.

It was gifted upon me by one of my breeders. Bottom line is that it was my fault. I broke all my own safety rules.

Because I saw tendon I knew this was one that needed a trip to the ER for stitches. The Doc did a great job of sewing me up and it healed wonderfully.

Three days post bite...

Someone just asked me about it this past weekend and commented on how nice it healed. Unless it is pointed out, you can't even tell.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
i few months ago i got the worst bite i've had in over 20 years of bird keeping.

It was gifted upon me by one of my breeders. Bottom line is that it was my fault. I broke all my own safety rules.

because i saw tendon i knew this was one that needed a trip to the er for stitches. The doc did a great job of sewing me up and it healed wonderfully.

three days post bite...

someone just asked me about it this past weekend and commented on how nice it healed. Unless it is pointed out, you can't even tell.
same here i wasnt paying attention but sure glad it was only a small bite not like yours lol but bleed it sure did

Itsr2r

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tracy
In all the years I've worked in the animal industry there is one true lesson I've learned. Every bite and I do mean every bite goes back to human error. Doesn't matter if its a dog bite, a tiger bite or a bird bite.

Birdzee

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Maddie
:omg:
Well, these pix sure dampened my desire for a large parrot..
Not that I could ever have one but it helps..
I'll not complain anymore about Newbie's bites and he does OK for his size..!!!:D