• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are we bonded?

EarthToEcho

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Medoh
How do I know if my bird is bonded with me? I like to think he is, but I worry that its only because I'm the main person in his life, and I'm not sure if he's actually bonded to me. What are some ways I can tell if he is or not?

(pictures for fun :)
tumblr_oq2kpuS8U91rnrq07o1_540.jpg tumblr_oxbnkyPYkq1rnrq07o1_540.jpg

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Yep, you are his person

Harleyandme

Sprinting down the street
He looks very happy. He is laying on his back, which he wouldn't do if he trusted you, and he lets you cuddle him heaps too. Lots of signs of affection. Also, he is very cute :heart::heart::heart:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
He has happy eyes and is doing things no bird would do if they didn't trust the person they are with. It took about 5 years for Lurch, a used Parrot with baggage, to fully trust and love me in his own way. You can see it in his eyes and body language in the later pictures I have of him.
Your guy is happy to hang out with you, cuddle with you, snooze on you. A concerned, scared bird would never do that.
It's a gift they give you when you earn it from them, he'll be a loyal friend for his the rest of his life.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I agree with the rest! You are his person:D he is truly precious:heart: