• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Apparently, Taco's for sale!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I have a friend who apparently was talking about me and my then flock, to another person that lived in complex. "Anna" chose to confront me about how much I talked about my birds. While taken back, I chose to educate "Anna" that her child means so much to her. Well my birds are my family and mean as much to me, as her little monster means to her. I also chose to tell my friend that "Anna" confront me, about my birds. My friend apologize to me and drop "Anna" as friend.

Last edited:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
OH boy, I was so fixed on the threat to my fids, I clear forgot that she put almost everyone up for sale. A couple of the potential buyers I emailed were confused at the mention of birds; one was hoping to buy my beautiful Sam, my python, for the rock-bottom price of $30 including her custom PVC terrarium (she's a normal royal but she's six years old and beautiful, not to mention special needs), another was being offered my goldfish pair, including their 75 gal tank and all accessories for $80 total, and another was planning to buy my Irian Jaya blue tongue skink, Dora (again with terrarium and all fixtures), for $100.

I confronted her again, and she admitted to also offering up my cat and my dog. For free. F R E E.
WOW holy crap, take this to the police, file a complaint and tell her to go straight to h e double hockey sticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
you need to take this to the police. this is huge.
any normal person would know you don't do this. perhaps this will get her help if that's what's needed. If she doesn't know you don't do this she needs to learn.
and since you have contact with the people who were also affected by this fraud, etc. they should also be used as witnesses or plaintiffs. keep their contact info.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What the HELL!! I would cut ALL ties with this idiot and never look her way again. Now all these people have your address, so they could potentially take it upon themselves to see if you actually have birds. Your friend is a complete idiot and I seriously hope you stay far away from her! Who does this?!

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I can't even... this is so difficult for me to even fathom. Is she ill or something???

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
This is one of the craziest things I've ever heard. How is this real life?? I mean, I know several people who aren't "pet people" but cannot fathom anyone thinking this was a good idea. What a nightmare

meheartbirds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Cynthia
There is only one person psychologically sicker than the girl "friend"....sorry buddy but you know where I am going. And to top it off you are actually having a convo with this "person" instead of the police? When did you change your locks and phone number?

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
There is only one person psychologically sicker than the girl "friend"....sorry buddy but you know where I am going. And to top it off you are actually having a convo with this "person" instead of the police? When did you change your locks and phone number?
Wow, thanks lmfao. I sure am one psychologically twisted individual, eh?

I have contacted the police, mate. They have her information and are following up on it. She is cooperating to a degree, from what I've been told.
And yeah, I am talking to her. I've known her for eight years and she's never done anything like this before, so obviously I'm trying to drill a hole in her head to see what nonsense is brewing inside.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
OH boy, I was so fixed on the threat to my fids, I clear forgot that she put almost everyone up for sale. A couple of the potential buyers I emailed were confused at the mention of birds; one was hoping to buy my beautiful Sam, my python, for the rock-bottom price of $30 including her custom PVC terrarium (she's a normal royal but she's six years old and beautiful, not to mention special needs), another was being offered my goldfish pair, including their 75 gal tank and all accessories for $80 total, and another was planning to buy my Irian Jaya blue tongue skink, Dora (again with terrarium and all fixtures), for $100.

I confronted her again, and she admitted to also offering up my cat and my dog. For free. F R E E.
Nobody likes going to the police about a really idiotic friend and I think most of us can name one, however, I would suggest either talking to an attorney or the police asking for advice. As in what would they recommend you do to protect yourself from any unpleasant PO'd potential buyers. As has been mentioned, you and your exotic companions are all now at risk due to YCFS acquaintance.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
If you have anything like Dollar Stores in Canada, you might be able to find a cheapo alarm - not fancy, not expensive - but when the alignment between the two pieces is broken it emits an ear splitting noise. Couldn't hurt.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Wow. That's absolutely bonkers. She needs to be put in her place, big time. Please be safe, I hope everything works out for you.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I am so proud of you @hrafn. I know how hard it was for you to report your friend. :( And you're a bigger person than I'd be about it. I don't think I could try to salvage the relationship and I'd certainly have posted ads to help her out, you know, as a friend.

I can't imagine how betrayed you feel, and I'm furious that she'd put you at risk like that! :shake: Luckily the man who came to your door was an understanding individual, otherwise you could have had an angry stranger at your door in the middle of the night. I mean, you were unable to adopt Maya because you understandably didn't want one stranger to know where you live and now this girl has potentially given your address to dozens of people even she hasn't met. I pray they're all as reasonable as the first gentleman, but just in case you might want see if you can get security monitoring for 2-3 months even if it means dipping in to the vet fund to protect you and your animals until the aftermath of this disaster has time to blow over.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
This just seems to be a very bad year for me. The deaths of beloved pets, the near deaths and terrible injuries of others, a home invasion, a stupendous amount of insanity, and now an acquaintance of eight years suddenly going off the deep end without warning. Among other things.
:faint:

It's a good thing it's December and it'll be 2019 soon. All the weirdness needs to just calm down for a couple more weeks. :dead:
I never want to call the cops again.

Linearis

Walking the driveway
I hope the police do something... Please don't back down. Even if she's never done this before to you it's possible she's done weird things like this to other people and/or will do them in the future. Something isn't right, mentally stable people don't do this.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do not let your cat or dog out unsupervised. They were advertised for free? risk that someone will just take if theyt see them since they are free...
I for sure won't! Jackson is strictly indoor and Morgan has to be on leash even in the yard, so hopefully they'll be fine.