• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Adorable birds... That I can't buy

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Oh that's very cool! My dad is Dutch so I know the basics from when I was younger and I have been learning German for a little while :D.
Thank you! In the photo it's actually Harley but I love his little face too :lol:
Hee ✋ my german is rather bad! At least, my grammar is:rofl:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Omgg Yesss! I would love to see them!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
:hehe: German is subject in my school we have to learn, in first class I didn't even read my Books and I remember one of my first grades for German was a 3:rofl:(thats not good! We have Numbers, 1 is the worst and 10 the best)

Menagerie Mama

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
I lived in Hamburg Germany for a year when I was 17...Dutch used to make me nuts because it sounded similar enough to German that my brain felt like it *should* be able to understand

Harleyandme

:hehe: German is subject in my school we have to learn, in first class I didn't even read my Books and I remember one of my first grades for German was a 3:rofl:(thats not good! We have Numbers, 1 is the worst and 10 the best)
Well your English is very good. Were you brought up with English?
Also I love the name of your bird (Fëanor)!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Well your English is very good. Were you brought up with English?
Also I love the name of your bird (Fëanor)!
Thank you! I wasn't, but I have watches a lot of English series and read a lot of Books!
Thanks once more:) it is am elven name out of one of Tolkiens(writer of Lord of the rings) stories! It means the fiery one:D

Harleyandme

I lived in Hamburg Germany for a year when I was 17...Dutch used to make me nuts because it sounded similar enough to German that my brain felt like it *should* be able to understand
Yes, in my first month of learning German, I could understand lots of words, but some were very new. For example numbers and animal names were very easy for me because I learnt them in Dutch when I was about 3 or 4 years old. I love the sound of Dutch and German when well spoken though, don't you?

Did you like living in Hamburg?

Harleyandme

Thank you! I wasn't, but I have watches a lot of English series and read a lot of Books!
Thanks once more:) it is am elven name out of one of Tolkiens(writer of Lord of the rings) stories! It means the fiery one:D
Wow that's pretty cool. if I tried to write in Dutch or German, I bet I would get it all wrong!

Menagerie Mama

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
@Harleyandme
I adored it there...it is a beautiful, graceful place. Laid out more like spokes on a wheel than a grid, and not a lot of very tall buildings obscuring views and making one feel closed in. I lived in a 19th century building on a cobblestone street that was a short walk from the Alster (lake that is basically the center of the wheel, part of the public transportation system was a network of ferry boats that crisscrosses the lake). Amazing food, museums, picturesque cafes hidden under bridges, streets that were limited to foot traffic several days a week and open air markets selling everything (meats in one, incredible fragrant fruits in another, gorgeous flowers sooo inexpensive, the list goes on!) from carts that were like A-frame houses.
If you get the chance, GO!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Haha thank you! But English is very common language so you get to practice a lot! Especially if you are a parront, all good parrot info is in English:D

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
@Harleyandme
I adored it there...it is a beautiful, graceful place. Laid out more like spokes on a wheel than a grid, and not a lot of very tall buildings obscuring views and making one feel closed in. I lived in a 19th century building on a cobblestone street that was a short walk from the Alster (lake that is basically the center of the wheel, part of the public transportation system was a network of ferry boats that crisscrosses the lake). Amazing food, museums, picturesque cafes hidden under bridges, streets that were limited to foot traffic several days a week and open air markets selling everything (meats in one, incredible fragrant fruits in another, gorgeous flowers sooo inexpensive, the list goes on!) from carts that were like A-frame houses.
If you get the chance, GO!
That is soo cool!!!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
@Menagerie Mama
After Africa, Amsterdam and Europe is TOP priority for travels over the next few years. I would love to go with my dad so he can show me where he used to live. Also, we have lots of relatives there and also some in Germany and the UK. So I definitely want to tour there!
I love all of your plans! If you go to Amsterdam or Rotterdam you Will be able to see wild parrots! There are feral populaties of alexandrines in Amsterdam and ringnecks in both cities!

Harleyandme

I love all of your plans! If you go to Amsterdam or Rotterdam you Will be able to see wild parrots! There are feral populaties of alexandrines in Amsterdam and ringnecks in both cities!
That sounds very cool! I didn't know that there were wild parrots roaming there. Do you see them a lot?

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I have not seen those in Amsterdam, but I was in Rotterdam today and I heard them and I was like Omg please this way the parrots are here:D there are hundreds of birds in Total I think, in Amsterdam They are even considered a pest I believe. The flock I saw was about 20 birds, they are not very hard to miss, their voices Carry far as you well know!

A video:
Halsbandparkieten kiezen voor 'veilig' Schiedam - RTV Rijnmond

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
O and someone recently posted Something about a documentary that showed amazons living in Stuttgart Germany! I have to go there one time! Wild amazons so close:eek: