• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A post for Isadora and her shenanigans

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Xoetix your profile pic is fantastic! I really love it!

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
What a happy girl!

Willow is pressed up against my cheek right now getting the head and beak rubs. He gets that same goofy blissed out expression!

Jasper only briefly lets down her guard. I wish she would settle more because I’d love to cuddle her for a longer time.

crunch crunch crunch crunch and now a beak wipe from Mr. Willow.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Years ago, I found a half gallon or gallon garden sprayer that you pumped up via a plunger on the top to give your bird (or plants) a continuous misting. Of course, the one I bought had a manufacturing defect and didn’t seal right so I returned it. But it was big and sturdy, plunger on top was sturdy and had a squeeze trigger (like sprayer) to use to mist for extended times.

Maybe you could find one of these? It was in a garden or plant store. Because Isadora clearly loves being sprayed and your hand was giving out.

I keep thinking of Frylock when I see her crest. She also has beautiful yellowish wingpits, too. What a big big wet chicken! She looks as big as an owl.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Years ago, I found a half gallon or gallon garden sprayer that you pumped up via a plunger on the top to give your bird (or plants) a continuous misting. Of course, the one I bought had a manufacturing defect and didn’t seal right so I returned it. But it was big and sturdy, plunger on top was sturdy and had a squeeze trigger (like sprayer) to use to mist for extended times.

Maybe you could find one of these? It was in a garden or plant store. Because Isadora clearly loves being sprayed and your hand was giving out.
i’ve actually gotten two of those, one large whole gallon, and one that is either half or three-quarter gallon. The pump itself, the bit that goes up and down, seems to scare her. I’ve even tried pumping it on the floor so that it’s not right up at her and the whole thing kind of freaks her out. I keep trying it hoping that maybe she’ll get there eventually, but so far no dice

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
i’ve actually gotten two of those, one large whole gallon, and one that is either half or three-quarter gallon. The pump itself, the bit that goes up and down, seems to scare her. I’ve even tried pumping it on the floor so that it’s not right up at her and the whole thing kind of freaks her out. I keep trying it hoping that maybe she’ll get there eventually, but so far no dice
Oh. How about pumping it up away from her? since I didn’t get to use mine I don’t know how long the spray lasts.
Also I wonder if there’s any attachment for a shower head that would give more of a very fine spray? Or something like an airbrush for paint?
My Pionus and cockatiels always loved a good spray. I took my old blind Conure outdoors in a rainstorm but the sound of the raindrops scared him, so we stuck to showers.