• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We found a Sun Conure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeme3

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julie
He is beautiful!

So glad you have him.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
He is stunning! If he's not a Sunday, I would definitely agree with red-factor. Reading that e-mail broke my heart, I can't even imagine...my father loves Archie like his third child, and when we lived out there Archie was treated like a legitimate member of the family. His cage was even moved into the kitchen during dinner time and he was fed at the same time, so that he could participate in the dinner conversation. Reading an e-mail like that makes me SO appreciative of the household I was raised in, that poor girl must have really felt cornered to let her bird go like that.

But all's well- Guy is in your loving and caring home, and I can't wait to read all of his update posts that will talk about how he has transformed from being a scared, hostile bird to being the biggest, sweetest cuddler you've ever met :heart: Sun conures melt your heart with their snuggles.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
He is gorgeous!! i hope he comes around and can live a beautiful life where he will live in peace forever.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh wow, he's stunning!:eek:

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
He is soo beautiful.. Wow that coloring, he is soo vibrant.. :heart: Little cutie he is.. :)

BayuCah'ya

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emily
I agree! He's stunning! Thank you for giving him a safe haven!

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Stunning, so different to my sun conure. Looks like red factor sin to me, from other pics I've seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
He's so beautiful, & thank you so much for saving him. What a ghastly, horrible person that father sounds like. Please let us know if you feel you can't give him a permanent home. If there is anything you need for this bird, please PM me. Again, what a wonderful thing you've done:hug8::heart::hug8:

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
He is gorgeous :heart:

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
:heart: ​What a cutie!

FreeByrd

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Oh my, he's just jaw dropping gorgeous.... I love his blend of colors. I'm SO GLAD he found you and you stopped his suffering..... :hug8:

mego634

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Megan
So sorry everyone. Guy spent the weekend at the breeders house. They love love love each other so much. It really is amazing to watch him interact with the breeder. I thought he would hate every man that he laid his eyes on. Bongo came home saturday and we gave her the day to chill and get to know the house, then introduced her to the dogs and to Clifford and then Guy came back. We are deciding if we want to adopt a 10 year old jardines parrot whos mate just died so the breeder will have room for Guy. He wants Guy to live in his home and be his personal bird. They are amazing together, but he has no room for him now.
If we decide to take "Jardy" home :) then guy will have his forever home and forever daddy and that gives me so much joy that If I decide not to keep "Jardy" then would at least foster him for a bit so that Guy could be happy.
Eventfull weekend, sigh....I think things are coming together nicely though. Thank you all for your thoughts and concerns, you are all such wonderful people and the support has given me a lot of hope :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
he is so gorgeous and so glad he will have a lovely home

AmberMuffinz

Avenue Veteran
Awesome news. Sad though that a bird has to get kicked out for him to be adopted by the breeder. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.