• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Want to Adopt Maluccan Cockatoo

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Newt is doing very well, other than the occasional plucking. He wasn't ever let out of his cage before so having his door open all the time is very new to him. Took him a while to venture out, but I let him do it on his own time. Now he's all over the place! He loves having his crown scritched and puts his head down to let me know! He steps up but I have to scratch his head first! Lol He talks in a sweet little girl voice, says full sentances, and "chats" with my other birdies. He's still a little nervous and isn't allowed to sit on my shoulder yet - I've tried several times but he keeps biting my ear if I move my head too fast. He's finally learning to eat a healthy diet but it's slow going. He gets along with Sergei and Angel very well and play together all day. He's come so far and we totally love him!
That's so great! :)

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
That's so great! :)
He's a good boy, just nervous around my hands. He sees the other birds climbing all over me getting scratched and plenty of attention. So he comes over to join in but gets nervous with all the activity and ends up nipping me and flying away. It's just going to take time for him to figure out playing with me and his buddies is a good thing and nothing to be frightened of. At least he rarely breaks the skin when he nips!