• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Want to Adopt Maluccan Cockatoo

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I have been looking for just the right salmon crested cockatoo to adopt. I had cockatoos for years in Hawaii, but had to leave them behind when I moved back to Michigan. I was afraid the stress of a big move like that would just stress them out way too much. It broke my heart! If anyone has a line on a reasonably priced sweetie in driving distance of Michigan, please keep me in mind! Thank you all so much!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
There is a place called Parrotzville pretty close to me. Has anyone had anything to do with them? They have a facebook page but no website.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
i checked out Peachie. Sadly I live too far from the rescue. They require visits and a home check. Rats! :(

All rescues require home visits before they place the bird with you. Could you explain to them about the distance issue you are having? My sister adopted a puppy that was hours away and all she had to do was show them pictures of her house and yard and provide them with two references.

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa

There’s one on perfinder.com .. at first they say female and further description says young male and they mention special needs. Who knows maybe ? Is this the kind you want ?

27E7573E-1410-43AB-9A79-352277CC1C0B.png FF0EE13C-61D7-4743-A3CA-9A48F2E02AC0.png There’s one on pet finder in Northbrook Illinois. Petfinder.com B7FB6915-6345-4380-9AAD-D6BC010F4BB5.png

Last edited:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
That's exactly what I'm looking for. I'll check the site. Thank you!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
They want several visits (3) with Molly 2 to make sure we're a good fit. It's just too far to drive. :(

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
All rescues require home visits before they place the bird with you. Could you explain to them about the distance issue you are having? My sister adopted a puppy that was hours away and all she had to do was show them pictures of her house and yard and provide them with two references.
i will call them tomorrow and check! That is a wonderful idea! I have old pics of my cockatoos from back in the 80's when my umbrellas decided to chew the back off my new couch and build a nest. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
Hoping you find a '2 :)