• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Want to Adopt Maluccan Cockatoo

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
A lot of rescues have strict requirements. I know our rescue here won't adopt out beyond a certain geographic area. Hopefully, you find one close to you or one that is a bit more flexible in its requirements. I wish you were closer to us here! We have 'toos at our rescue but I know they won't adopt out that far away. Good luck on your search.

lexalayne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
Ideally a rescue would be the best because many Toos are given up. I live in Ohio and my first macaw was from Bird Lovers Only in Indiana. We emailed back and forth and there were a few people interested in him. I was happy when she picked me. Later when I looked at Ohio rescues I found they required many visits there and many home visits. I live on an island and besides being out of their adoption zone no one will come here. I found it frustrating but understood due to where I live. I wonder if many other people have the same problem though.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
It's just a shame that the fids have to stay in rescues when there are experienced, loving homes just out of reach. I understand they have to be careful who birds go home with, but it still saddens me. I found my first blue budgie Petey in a park back in the late 60's and have had my own fids ever since. My grandpa raised carrier pigeons for over 50 years so I've been around birds my entire life. Birds aren't easy Pets but when they're in your heart it just doesn't matter!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Answered an ad... The guy wanted me to send him the $$ and he would deliver the fid to me. Major scam! So disappointed.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Answered an ad... The guy wanted me to send him the $$ and he would deliver the fid to me. Major scam! So disappointed.
That's a shame. I can't believe there are so many scammers out there.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Did you try doing a search on Petfinder?

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Yes. I set up alerts. Hopefully I'll hear something soon. My mom wants me to get a galah, so I may check them out too. There's just not many fid s available in Michigan.

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
Yes. I set up alerts. Hopefully I'll hear something soon. My mom wants me to get a galah, so I may check them out too. There's just not many fid s available in Michigan.
For the record, not 'toos are easy, but I reckon RB2s (galahs) are the easiest you get :)

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
185831CD-D95B-453A-9BAC-EA528FEC6F90.png 18A38D5C-9DC5-4864-9716-2DD3B973117A.png I really hope you find a rescue and bring home a whole flock of Toos... but just in case there’s a breeder in Pa who has 3 babies. And I’m 99% sure she’s on the level because I’ve seen her on fb for years now. They have a family business raising parrots, Queen of Bavaria’s , U2’s, macaws, greys and many more.
Her name is Ana
And if Pa is too far she will ship.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Wow! Beautiful birdies!!! Thank you...I'm going to check out her babies right now! I'm having no luck at all with rescues around here. I even offered to adopt a M2 with almost no breast feathers but I don't live in their area so I was turned down. Makes no sense to me!

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
I know one rescue sort of near me has had the same birds on their page for years ... hey can I be a rescue ?! Jk!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Lol! Fids are Fabulous... Now you have a name for your rescue! ;)

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
:bounce6::bounce3::bounce4::swoon:

SUPER I’ll file for non profit status and the permit tomorrow...

Just kidding !!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
A lot of rescues have a 100 mile/2 hour adoption radius. So hopefully you're close enough it will work! I know sometimes the requirements with adoption seem kind of strict. And sometimes I too get frustrated but having helped with rescues, they really have the best interest of the animal at heart. I know the rescue here has done home visits only to find out that the people are animal hoarders, etc. That's one of the reasons many rescues feel the home visit is important.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Well I have Lucy and Sergei, a goldfish, and a little yorkie-alpso (7 lbs.) named Bella. I guess that could seem like a hoard!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Well I have Lucy and Sergei, a goldfish, and a little yorkie-alpso (7 lbs.) named Bella. I guess that could seem like a hoard!
LOL. That's not being a hoarder. We had a home here last year that had over 200 cockatiels (and other animals) living in the attic with no heat, etc. That's a hoarder.