• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
My bird ate pellets and my own seed mix, in addition to the savory great grains and sproutrageous baby sprouts. For just under 2 months. And apparently, that was long enough to cause long-term problems in Chirp, because his vet says he will never be 100% again.
This makes me so sad Bee, as I’m sure it does you. I hope he makes great strides in improving.
:hug8:

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Buddy was eating the dehydrated sprouts too! This was mainly what he ate actually.

I'm so sorry about Chirp! Does the vet know what's causing Chirps issues longterm? I mean that re: to her food. Salt, mold ect.?
Well, like my vet said, there could be anything in there. She is looking into having it tested, I believe she said for fungal stuff. I'll find out more tomorrow when we go to the vet.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, like my vet said, there could be anything in there. She is looking into having it tested, I believe she said for fungal stuff. I'll find out more tomorrow when we go to the vet.
I have Buddy into the new vet on Fri nxt week & that appointment & Bw results cant come fast enough. I have all my stuff saved in a fridge in an air tight container.

You saved yours too right?

Thanks again!

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I pray that they don't find anything fungal in those mixes.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Mold and mycotoxins can be awful on the liver :(
Yes it can!! Mold killed a few of my chickens from contamination in chicken food.

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Haven't noticed any musty smells in my dehydrated sprouts, but I think I will hold off on feeding any more at this point. I got an order in from China Prairie, so I have plenty of fresh sprouts to serve.

Last edited:

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I have Buddy into the new vet on Fri nxt week & that appointment & Bw results cant come fast enough. I have all my stuff saved in a fridge in an air tight container.

You saved yours too right?

Thanks again!
Yep, I have everything. I need to get an airtight container for it still. I'll be bringing it all with to the vet again tomorrow. Hopefully we can get somewhere with that, At the very least hopefully find out what is in this stuff and what could be making all these birds so sick.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I have really bad phone anxiety, so calling when there is a possibility of confrontation... The idea makes me feel a panic attack coming on haha.
I am the same. I can't listen to messages, AT ALL. Major answering machine anxiety lol

I didn't worry about that one bit. She was very nice about it when I told her the packages showed up. She really, really tried to get me to keep them, said well, you got free food then. Tried eveything, feed the wild birds, donate it. But, I followed the recommendation of my CC company and sent them back and had no problem being nice back and telling her that was what I felt I needed to do... follow what I was told to do. She even insisted it would cost me money to mail those two packages back. I said "Well, I don't know about that but what I do know is what I'm told to do by the CC company and that's what I'm going to do."

IT DIDN'T COST ME A DIME TO SEND THEM BACK. And I got a receipt from the post office marked refusal so I'm good to go. Had I of kept those packages per her insistence she could have filed a dispute against me. I got those letters from the CC company in the mail today verifying my refunds for my dispute with that added tidbit about the merchant could contest my claim.
She is very tricky.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ooh, those are so nice, I have some of those for pet stuff but they're all way too big to go in the fridge- I'll have to go see what they have.
I had to take the bottom shelf of the fridge out to get it in. Luckily we have an xtra fride so it's not in my way...

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I ordered tons from daileys, much of it you had to add water to the mix.
I was basically naive about all the dehydration stuff. ( somebody please slap me!!!)
Yes they got there zupreem during day. But mornings and evenings they got daileys.
Being that my Zon suffered an allergic reaction, does point to possibility of mold contamination in that food. If indeed condensation set in in that food, so will bacteria.
Again, it's the process involved here, not the food per se. The food is believed to have become contaminated.
But back to fresh for my birds!!!

By the way, also switching over to roudy bush.
Zupreem is made where peanuts are made.
I don't give my zon peanuts. And I'm not totally comfortable with the added sugar to zupreem.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
@Mizzely, do you know why it’s only till the end of the year?
Are they done quarterly or is that possibly a temporary license?
I just would have thought they’d be valid for a year at least.
I have no idea what the actual requirements are for this sort of license so just thought I’d ask.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My guess is that all licences expire on the 31st December and are renewed on the 1st January.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
By the way, also switching over to roudy bush.
Zupreem is made where peanuts are made.
I don't give my zon peanuts. And I'm not totally comfortable with the added sugar to zupreem.
My Amazons eat some RB. California blend and sometimes lowfat or maintenance pellets medium size.

I like the Calif blend, but it's more expensive then the maintenance.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
We saw the vet today. Chirp's beak is worse and the vet says she's never seen one this bad. She says he'll have to come in every 2-4 weeks for the foreseeable future. I'll elaborate in my thread Beak issue | Page 4 | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum
I am so sorry to hear this! Do you have any updated pictures? Are you using any milk thistle/dandelion supplement? I know you have had the beak trim. Has your Vet run any blood work to see if this is for sure liver related? I am just curious as to the liver values if you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.